Welcome to Blackshark.ai. We believe in creating value by providing powerful insights.
Blackshark.ai is creating a digital twin of planet earth powered by satellite data & artificial intelligence.
We are a team of 50+ data scientists, geospatial engineers, 3D rendering programmers and developers based in San Francisco, Seattle, US, and Graz, Austria, Europe's computer vision hub.
Our revolutionary platform is using Machine Learning to extract information from the surface of our planet by using satellite imagery and other relevant data. A patented reconstruction technology allows streaming and rendering of detected 3D features in unmatched visual quality containing material properties and other semantic features.
We have a culture being focused on individuals and their individual goals in order to create something bigger than ourselves.
Come and join Blackshark.ai and help us create the ultimate vision of a digital Planet Earth.
We are seeking an experienced 3D computer graphics engineer to develop technologies for the creation, visualization, and analysis of 3D data across the platform. Together, we will push the boundaries for visualizing and interacting with 3D geospatial data by expanding our rendering engine and implementing new visualization techniques. In particular, you will:
- Design and implement real-time 3D rendering techniques in our engine, ranging from massive data visualization techniques to material shaders programming
- Stay up-to-date with real-time rendering techniques, evaluate disruptive technologies and push the state-of-the-art in virtual world rendering for photo-realistic and data visualization purposes
- Improve our rendering engine in terms of performance, stability, and software architecture
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur
- Work within agile processes for short cycle, fast-paced delivery in a highly interactive, and creative environment
- Several years experience in the area of computer graphics and / or real-time rendering
- Strong C++ knowledge and an ability to program and architect various core engine systems
- Excellent knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills in an agile environment
- A solid understanding of 3D geometry and basic geometric algorithms
Ideally, you have experience with one or some of the following:
- Experience with a state-of-the-art game engine, such as Unreal Engine 4 or Unity
- Procedural geometry and/or texture generation
- Compute shaders
- GIS applications and technologies
Why join us?
*The remuneration for the position advertised above is fixed by Austrian collective agreement. The effective salary depends on qualification and experience and may be significantly higher.
- Cutting-edge projects with global Tier 1 reference customers in a wide range of industries.
- A straightforward mindset: focus on the goal, get things done, and keep cool.
- Friendly atmosphere, with amazing and passionate colleagues from all backgrounds and nationalities.
- Flat hierarchy, fast decisions, and agile work environment where your ideas and concepts are welcome.
- The opportunity to learn and develop in a team eager to drive innovation.
- A culture that values teamwork, expertise sharing and humility, and where all collaborate towards the same goal.
- Work-life balance and the flexibility to accommodate personal situations.
- HQ situated in Graz, Austria, a hidden gem with an extraordinary high quality of life, between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps.
- A competitive salary based on experience and qualiﬁcations.*
Apply for this position
Apply for this position