Welcome to Blackshark.ai. We believe in creating value by providing powerful insights.
Blackshark.ai is creating a digital twin of planet earth powered by satellite data & artificial intelligence.
We are a team of 50+ data scientists, geospatial engineers, 3D rendering programmers and developers based in San Francisco, Seattle, US, and Graz, Austria, Europe's computer vision hub.
Our revolutionary platform is using Machine Learning to extract information from the surface of our planet by using satellite imagery and other relevant data. A patented reconstruction technology allows streaming and rendering of detected 3D features in unmatched visual quality containing material properties and other semantic features.
We have a culture being focused on individuals and their individual goals in order to create something bigger than ourselves.
Come and join Blackshark.ai and help us create the ultimate vision of a digital Planet Earth.
We are looking for a talented 3D Generalist. We are aiming for a cool hyper-realistic visual style, so there won't be any dragons or orcs - sorry :)
You will collaborate with a talented group of engineers and technical artists to create and maintain new technologies for large scale content generation for diverse use cases such as flight and drone simulation, or autonomous driving.
In particular you will:
- Work directly with Business stakeholders and Lead 3D artist on approval of 3D models and textures.
- Model, texture, shade, light, look development and composite CG images or shots
- When necessary, help improve workflows, techniques and content pipelines to help you and other artists create better art.
- Working on different interesting 3D projects while collaborating with other teammembers
- Experience with modelling and texturing - if you demonstrate to be exceptional candidate in only one area, but with some experience in others and you are willing to learn, you might be considered to the role.
- High to low poly workflow
- Clean topology
- Good knowledge and understanding of UE4 (related to prop or environment work
- Must be a team player and work deadline driven projects.
- Relevant experience on game development in a production environment.
Additional plus skills:
- Experience with lighting,
- Advanced texturing techniques (e.g. substance designer,..)
Why join us?
- Cutting-edge projects with global Tier 1 reference customers in a wide range of industries.
- A straightforward mindset: focus on the goal, get things done, and keep cool.
- Friendly atmosphere, with amazing and passionate colleagues from all backgrounds and nationalities.
- Flat hierarchy, fast decisions, and agile work environment where your ideas and concepts are welcome.
- The opportunity to learn and develop in a team eager to drive innovation.
- A culture that values teamwork, expertise sharing and humility, and where all collaborate towards the same goal.
- Work-life balance and the flexibility to accommodate personal situations.
- HQ situated in Graz, Austria, a hidden gem with an extraordinary high quality of life, between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps.
- A competitive salary based on experience and qualiﬁcations.*
*The remuneration for the position advertised above is fixed by Austrian collective agreement. The effective salary depends on qualification and experience and may be significantly higher.
Apply for this position
Apply for this position