Welcome to Blackshark.ai. We believe in creating value by providing powerful insights.
Blackshark.ai is creating a digital twin of planet earth powered by satellite data & artificial intelligence.
We are a team of 50+ data scientists, geospatial engineers, 3D rendering programmers and developers based in San Francisco, Seattle, US, and Graz, Austria, Europe's computer vision hub.
Our revolutionary platform is using Machine Learning to extract information from the surface of our planet by using satellite imagery and other relevant data. A patented reconstruction technology allows streaming and rendering of detected 3D features in unmatched visual quality containing material properties and other semantic features.
We have a culture being focused on individuals and their individual goals in order to create something bigger than ourselves.
Come and join Blackshark.ai and help us create the ultimate vision of a digital Planet Earth.
We are searching for a C++ programmer to contribute to our unique 3D reconstruction pipeline, which generates photorealistic buildings and landscapes from building footprints and GIS data. In this position, you will work across our entire stack to develop the internal tools that will power the growth of our platform. Your critical mission will be to identify issues, and design and implement new features and pipeline tools. An allrounder with focus on 3D graphics and geometry, you will be part of an agile software development team where you will have the opportunity to work with domain experts across a wide variety of fields, as well as always take on new tasks, learn and develop your skills.
In particular, you will:
- Work across our entire stack to develop new products, features, and tools for our customer and internal workflows
- Create content pipeline features and editor tools to improve the content creation process
- Work with team members and make import and export of meshes, textures and shaders more efficient
- Support our graphics programmers to develop new rendering techniques and procedural concepts to reach the next level of real-time graphics
- Participate and provide your input to software design
- You have excellent C++ skills and also know Python.
- You are self-motivated, and always come up with new ideas to improve the product.
- You have experience with OpenGL or Direct3D.
- You are an avid learner and love to keep track the newest technologies and standards
Nice to have
- Experience with Shader Programming
- Experience with content pipelines for large games
- Experience with a state-of-the-art game engine, such as Unreal Engine 4 or Unity
- Interest for compiler construction / programming language design
- Experience with GUI programming using Qt
Why join us?
*The minimum remuneration for the position advertised above is fixed by the Austrian IT collective agreement (ST1). The effective salary depends on qualification and experience and may be significantly higher.
- Cutting-edge projects with global Tier 1 reference customers in a wide range of industries.
- A straightforward mindset: focus on the goal, get things done, and keep cool.
- Friendly atmosphere, with amazing and passionate colleagues from all backgrounds and nationalities.
- Flat hierarchy, fast decisions, and agile work environment where your ideas and concepts are welcome.
- The opportunity to learn and develop in a team eager to drive innovation.
- A culture that values teamwork, expertise sharing and humility, and where all collaborate towards the same goal.
- Work-life balance and the flexibility to accommodate personal situations.
- HQ situated in Graz, Austria, a hidden gem with an extraordinary high quality of life, between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps.
- A competitive salary based on experience and qualiﬁcations.*
Apply for this position
Apply for this position