Overview of job
The core objective of this role is to drive portfolio profitability by deepening client-account relationship, identifying growth opportunities, strategic design and delivery of systems thinking in communication plans. This person will also oversee and give strategic guidance to the MediaCom Content team that delivers solutions beyond media, such as social strategy, management and design. This person will also be responsible for overall financial management and inspire greatness in the quality of the output of other team members.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Managing Director.
Best things about the job:
Working within a highly inclusive and dynamic environment of young achievers
- Being able to work on exciting accounts that will give a wider opportunity to tap into global gold standards in new strategic planning and frameworks
- Getting exposed to holistic communications planning by working closely with the content team
- Being a pioneer in systems thinking supported by the systems planning platform
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- On boarded onto the key accounts with full induction/training into all of the other facets of the business such as trading, specialised services (internal and within GroupM).
- Conducted a full audit of your respective accounts in terms of resources, skill sets, processes, quality of servicing and output and put together a 90 day plan with clear KPIs on what you would like to do to transform the accounts.
- Started working closely with the content team, giving them strategic guidance and support for new pitches
In six months, you would have:
- Built the trust of your clients by demonstrating thought leadership that has brought a new approach/angle to a campaign/s, which is acknowledged by the client in TRR scores.
- Begin to create an energetic and motivated team culture
- Worked on multiple new pitches
In 12 months, you would have:
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills to transform the rest of the team into greater systems thinkers through identification of on the job and external training
- Shown how you integrate media back thinking into content
- Leveraged extraction and diversification opportunities and grown the revenue of accounts by 10%-15%
Responsibilities of the role:
Client/Account and Financial Management
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients, agency partners, media vendors, internal regional/ global planning teams and specialized teams, ensuring alignment and integration – role of “trusted advisor”.
- Direct and manage the content team, acting as the strategic advisor and go to person for elevation of thinking
- Direct and manage day-to-day needs of key accounts in line with brand guidelines, global strategic path and agreed contractual terms. Effective time and resource optimization: Prioritize jobs to manage timely fulfilment within allocated resources.
- Develop understanding of all clients’ businesses – brand and products, category and competition, issues and challenges. Brief the team by translating the local/regional/ global strategies as necessary to meet the needs of the local market’s marketing and communication objectives.
- Financial Planning and Management: Negotiate, track and overall management of client budgets/ spends, billing and collections, maintenance of master contract updates and timely utilisation of master contract entitlements.
- Lead innovation and creative thinking across the team.
Planning and Implementation Delivery
- Develop strategies and ideas for campaigns. A complete mastery of the entire suit of proprietary tools, insights properties and software.
- Develop and present media briefs/ plans/ documents incorporating communication goals, recommendations cum rationale, ideas and implementation, planning costs and budget splits and KPI’s. Provide assistance and POV to the team on their local market plans for presentation to clients.
- Negotiate KPI’s with the client prior to start of the campaign/ project and ensure all tracking and measurements are based on the agreed KPIs and media efficiencies. Manage the team’s weekly time-sheets. Coach and monitor KPIs for direct reports including training and development.
- Supervise, coach and work with Managers/Planners/ Executives to ensure that campaign is implemented – implementation goals are met and media buys are effective.
- Contribute to central media strategy development by generating any regional/ local reports.
Business and Market Management
- Lead pitches for new business opportunities and organic revenue growth opportunities. Explore ways to increase revenue via new projects and specialist services and ensure end to end project management of the jobs won.
- Participate in awards, local and regional forums of the industry.
- Liaise and support the regional/ global teams as and when key market/ category/ client information is requested.
What you will need:
- Knowledge of the Singapore media market – including magazines, OOH & local digital platforms
- A background in content strategy and development is also a plus
- A background in luxury brands (client or agency side) and/or a strong affinity for the category is a definite plus
- Curiosity in overall market development including new technology, the internet and other digital formats.
- A positive attitude with a hands-on approach to service client relationships, quick decision maker, negotiate and manage partnerships.
- A team player who is can manage and elicit the best in people.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage time efficiently
- Systems thinker with strong numerical and analytical skills.
- A clear and concise style of writing with confident, persuasive presentation skills.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently. But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom
Singapore market overview
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.