Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As a Security Sales Overlay, you will directly support Lumen’s Sales teams in ANZ. You will be responsible for technical relationships with Sales, Customers and Prospects where you will identify and match technology capabilities with our customer’s business and security needs. In this role you will showcase the full range of Lumen’s Managed Security Service offerings including DDoS, Log Monitoring, Managed EDR. You will be part of a regional team of security specialists helping our clients with their most complex information security needs and contributing toward their business resilience and improved security posture. The position objectives are:
• Establish yourself as a trusted advisor and technical expert with both prospects and customer while working alongside sales teams within the ANZ region.
• Identify and engage with new prospects.
• Work closely with Sales Account Directors and Presales on opportunities.
• Collaborate with our Product Management, Security Architects and Security Consultants to ensure that our solutions meet local market demands.
• Continually realign / evaluate services with changing business and product needs.
• At least 6 years’ of field sales experience selling Managed Security Services and knowledgeable with one or more security solutions / products (SIEM, EDR, etc.) is preferred.
• Experience building territory plans, prospecting and bringing in new logos – Hunter mentality.
• Deep knowledge of local Australia cybersecurity market and MSSPs competitor landscape.
• Possible security technology certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.).
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including being able to interact with senior executives.
• Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills in an enterprise environment.
• Strong customer focus and quality mindset.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
Requisition #: 241312
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.