We invite you to use your deep understanding of the education industry and experience with geospatial technology to become an integral part of the account team promoting effective use of ArcGIS in educational institutions. You’ll join a highly-skilled group of sales professionals and solution engineers who collaborate with existing customers to identify new, innovative ways of using our technology in educating the future workforce, advancing knowledge through research, and operating educational institutions efficiently and safely.
You’ll work closely with teams throughout Esri to support the growth of our education community and to help students, educators, and the administrators of educational institutions use GIS to improve understanding and make better decisions.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and grow relationships and community engagement in the education industry. Educate and motivate customers to adopt modern GIS practices, migrate to current releases of ArcGIS, and deploy GIS throughout the institution for both academic and administrative functions.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of Esri technology as it relates to the Education industry. Consistently conduct research and pursue professional development to anticipate customer needs.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute the account management and sales processes for all opportunities. Use consultative selling skills to understand the needs and business challenges of customers. Collaborate with Educational and Professional Services teams to ensure customer success and ROI.
- Collaborate with your team. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to define and execute account strategies. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues. Use whiteboard sessions and other techniques to support visual storytelling.
- 3+ years of experience working with educational institutions
- 3+ years of enterprise sales experience providing solutions to organizations
- Understanding of Esri technology and how it relates to the instruction, research and academic administration in higher education and schools
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic culture and new technology trends within the industry and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- Experience managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of an organization
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally 25-50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, Geography, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of account planning and opportunity strategy creation
- Knowledge of industry fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- General knowledge of data analytics and how it is used for problem solving
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.