We are a leading global communications marketing firm helping business and organisations evolve, promote, and protect their brands and reputations. We are independent and family owned, which allows us the freedom to deliver original thinking and invest in our clients.
In the Spain, there are more than 50 employees based in our offices in Madrid.
We have deep expertise and advise on consumer trends, research, analytics and insights, corporate reputation, health, technology, capital markets, crisis, energy, and government affairs.
About the Team
We are Spain’s leading Corporate Reputation team. We create commercial value by delivering campaigns and advisory work for companies and brands that operate in the full glare of the public spotlight and whose reputations shape their businesses.
We have deep industry expertise and advise on integrated media strategy, digital and content production, crisis planning & response, litigation & legal affairs, employee engagement & advocacy, research & analytics, capital markets and government affairs.
The team includes more than 15 consultants specialising in all areas of corporate reputation and includes former journalists, senior in-house practitioners, government advisors and industry specialists as well as dedicated sector experts.
We take pride in delivering exceptional work for our clients but, at our core, we are a non-hierarchical team who like to spend time together in and out of the office. We are relentlessly collaborative and supported by leadership who champion and celebrate our collective achievements.
We are looking for an ambitious, proactive and motivated individual with solid Corporate PR agency experience, able to lead day-to-day management of accounts. The Account Manager role requires a candidate with excellent writing and media handling skills, able to provide informed counsel to clients when developing stories or handling complex issues, liaising with journalists directly on developing stories, and coaching junior team members on best practice media relations. Ability to manage teams and workload in a matrix structure is vital, as well as the ability to project manage campaigns, develop junior team members, and oversee the quality of work produced.
· Media relations, including story and message development, creating, and driving outreach plans, speaking to journalists regularly to secure national media coverage/briefings with senior editors and correspondents, briefing spokespeople, and ongoing development of own media contacts
· Serving as the daily client contact and as client lead when appropriate, earning the trust of clients to deliver day to day work as well as providing proactive counsel on new approaches or ideas that will help meet clients’ broader objectives
· Playing a key role in the research, planning and development of campaigns and driving these forward
· Practical and solid understanding of the earned, owned, paid and social media space and how to incorporate these channels into client plans for holistic communications programmes
· Overseeing quality and operational performance of accounts, ensuring work quality and deadline adherence for junior members of teams, providing close coaching and development
· Producing content; writing/editing press releases, social media content, articles, PR proposals
· Providing support on new business pitches – research, slide development, driving forward process including work back plans and managing junior teams’ input
The ideal candidate for this role will have/be:
· Desire to work as part of a large team in a busy, fast paced and highly motivated working environment
· Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to articulate point of view with confidence and gravitas
· Proven track record in prioritising work load as well as supporting junior team members
· Ability to service multiple clients, work in a matrix structure, and prioritise deliverables
· Ability to balance ‘quick hits’ and longer term strategy and understanding the difference
· Team player, collaborative, non-hierarchical
· Ability to manage both up and down and take overall responsibility of day to day client deliverables
· Experience of integrating with different practices / teams on cross-business work, ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people to meet client expectations
· Interest in current affairs, news, international business, and consumes media in all forms
· A creative problem solver
· A delivery-driven manager, with ability to take responsibility of tasks and accounts
· A desire to share previous expertise and experience to enhance work of the team
· Keen to carve out distinctive role and use own initiative to help the running of the team
· Entrepreneurial spirit - willingness to ‘get stuck in’ and make the most of opportunities
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: [...] view a short video about life at Edelman.