Clarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide.
Our solutions cover the entire lifecycle of innovation: scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted brands, including Web of Science, Derwent, CompuMark, Cortellis, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet.
We employ more than 4,300 colleagues in 43 countries.
Clarivate Analytics is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
The role of the Account Manager is to drive sales for the business in identified accounts India through customer visits to current clients and potential customers. This role will focus on selling Intellectual Property Group products to corporates, govt. and academic institutions, law firms, pharma companies, etc. and will require selling to significant stakeholders in these accounts, creating an influencer network with multiple touchpoints. This role will effectively manage and develop customers within key account framework to sell into these accounts. It will involve promoting wide ranging information products in intellectual property, brand establishing and protection products and domain management. The individual will be supported by marketing the overall goal of achieving demanding but realistic targets.
- Typical responsibility of account manager will include sales planning, utilizing local as well as global solution consultants to influence in accounts, conducting meetings, taking up on tough accounts, relationship building with loyal and voluminous accounts, formulation of competitive strategies, and promoting customer retention programs.
- Prepare detailed account engagement plan with senior stakeholders
- Sell online information products and software, primarily in intellectual property,, brand establishing and protection products, to CXOs, Executive Directors, Management teams, R&D Leaders, Intellectual Property, Strategy and other functions with identified accounts.
- Achieve new business sales and current revenue retention targets and focus on retention products
- Devise and implement strategies to develop the defined accounts and generate new sales
- Promote and sell our products to identified accounts - this involves site visits, preparing written proposals, explaining, positioning and demonstrating products, phone and email contacts, as well as exhibit activities.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Sell in a consultative sales environment
- Deliver exceptional client service, on a consistent basis.
- Maintain an accurate and complete contact file in the sales automation system (CRM) as well as document all travel schedules, face to face meetings, phone and email contacts, and quotation activities.
- Maintain and update sales progress reports and other administrative reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes. Prepare regular sales reports and forecasts as required, including sales pipeline.
- Develop thorough knowledge of client’s needs; understand customer workflows and what is important to their business.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your manager on a permanent or temporary basis.
- Minimum of 7+ years of business-to-business sales experience in a consultative selling environment with a consistent track record of generating and managing Indian accounts.
- Proven sales success with demonstrable over achievement of sales targets over several years
- Familiarity with navigating multiple levels of a client organization in order to establish contact with key decision makers
- A team player who is independent and takes initiative in ensuring results
- Demonstrable experience of deploying customer driven approach and good customer management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively identify new opportunities, negotiate, generate and defend business revenue.
- Willingness to travel – 35%
- Exposure in selling to multiple industries and Indian companies as well as MNCs would be an added advantage
- Background in Govt sales or Intellectual Property would be an advantage and will be considered as well.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.