Our client Public Sector Body based in Kildare are currently looking to recruit an Accountant to join them initially on a contract basis.
Reporting to the Head of Finance role will involve:
- To provide financial support to the Head of department in delivering on their accountability in respect of financial business
- To develop networks with audit teams in other regions
- To comprehensively analyse data and information
- To compile reports both written and oral with conclusions, implications and recommendations
- Participate in the development of the audit plan in collaboration with other members of the audit team
- Assist with the maintenance of Internal Financial Controls to ensure budgetary management and accountability
- Liaise with for profit and not for profit providers of Support in connection with validation, invoicing and other accounting procedures
- Communicate with the auditee to confirm audit requirements and plans
- Produce financial reports/analysis/audit reports for departments and the Quality Improvement Group
- Advise on opportunities for value for money initiatives
- Promote and demonstrate full compliance with Financial Regulation and Policy, Finance Corporate Governance and best accounting practice at all times
- Participate in the change management process and ensure that all key stakeholders are communicated to in an adequate and timely basis as the audit process advances
- Be responsible for identifying areas of spend that require changes to processes including engaging with vendors to redesign processes
- Tracking of financial aspects of Service Level Agreements or other contracting arrangements where relevant
- Assist in preparing the Service Plan and Cost Containment arrangements for the department in conjunction with Group
- To participate in responding to Audit reports as advised by the Internal Audit and C & A.G. departments
- Assist in the oversight of KPI’s, financial governance arrangements, financial systems and business re-engineering processes in collaboration with the Department
- Demonstrate pro-active commitment to all communications with internal and external stakeholder
- The management and delivery of KPIs as a routine and core business objective
- Measurement of compliance with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which are congruent with Service Level arrangements
- Development of Action Plans to address KPI targets when necessary
- Ensure appropriate communication and information systems are in place to address the needs of a wide range of stakeholders including those external to the organisation.
- To effectively handle queries directed to the audit teams – assessing, recording and actioning queries, ensuring that such enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner and responses recorded.
- To contribute to the development of an effective team environment.
- To contribute to a process of Continuous Quality Improvement within Home support.
- To provide cover for other office staff members as required.
- Must be able to work in a busy and dynamic environment.
Suitable candidates will be fully qualified with strong reporting experience