At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
Prudential International Assurance (‘PIA’) has a new opportunity for an experienced life insurance Accountant to join the FP&A team to support the Business Planning process and provide senior management with detail and analysis for the strategic planning process. PIA is an Irish domiciled insurance undertaking which is part of the M&G plc Group. PIA is a leading insurer in the offshore bond market focused on the sale of multi-asset solutions to UK nationals resident in the UK and the Crown Dependencies as well as selected jurisdictions in Europe. This has now been extended to include the sale of with-profits savings and protection products to Polish residents through the Polish Branch which was set up to accommodate the transfer of the Poland business from our parent Prudential Assurance Company (‘PAC’) to PIA on 1 January 2019. PIA has annual sales of approximately £1.25bn and assets of approximately £8.0 bn.
M&G plc is currently undergoing an unprecedented transformation programme which aims to deliver a new, more efficient target operating model that will enable the business to reduce its expense base and unit costs and meet its growth ambitions.
The PIA finance department is responsible for regulatory and statutory financial reporting, policyholder and shareholder tax compliance, financial planning & analysis and investment management for the PIA business.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- To support the production of the PIA annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- To support production of the PIA Business Plan.
- To analyse data, build reports, forecasts and performance packs on financial matters relating to the performance of the business.
- To provide analysis of key financial information pivotal to the decision making that drives forward the performance of the business.
- To ensure processes are efficient with effective procedures and controls in place.
- To work collaboratively with various teams within the organization, to gain insight and provide analysis on cost and profit drivers.
- To monitor Key Performance Indicators ('KPIs') and produce regular Management Information.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G plc’s operational risk.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working within life insurance and a strong understanding of a life insurance business
- Relevant accounting qualification
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and with practical experience across a range of Finance specialisms
- Experience of working in a range of different technical roles across a life assurance finance function
- An understanding of KPI’s and the cost drivers that impact business performance
- Experience of developing a broad base of relationships with key contacts across Finance and with key business stakeholders
- Experience of combining advanced financial analysis (such as cost management tools) with qualitative investigation to generate insights
- Experience of compiling robust financial projections (e.g. plans and forecasts) aligned with other relevant management processes
- Experience of financial decision making and financial process, controls and systems
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.