Our client Public Sector Body based in Kildare are currently looking to recruit an Accountant to join them initially on a contract basis.
Reporting to the Head of Finance role will involve:
- To provide financial support to the Head of Social Care in delivering on their accountability in respect of financial business
- To develop networks with audit teams in other regions
- To comprehensively analyse data and information
- To compile reports both written and oral with conclusions, implications and recommendations
- Participate in the development of the audit plan in collaboration with other members of the audit team
- Assist with the maintenance of Internal Financial Controls to ensure budgetary management and accountability
- Liaise with for profit and not for profit providers of Home Support in connection with validation, invoicing and other accounting procedures
- Communicate with the auditee to confirm audit requirements and plans
- Produce financial reports/analysis/audit reports for Head of Social Care and the Quality Improvement Group
- Advise on opportunities for value for money initiatives
- Promote and demonstrate full compliance with Financial Regulation and Policy, Finance Corporate Governance and best accounting practice at all times
- Participate in the change management process and ensure that all key stakeholders are communicated to in an adequate and timely basis as the audit process advances
- Be responsible for identifying areas of spend that require changes to processes including engaging with vendors to redesign processes
- Tracking of financial aspects of Home Support Service Level Agreements or other contracting arrangements where relevant
- Assist in preparing the Service Plan and Cost Containment arrangements for the department in conjunction with the Head of Social Care as appropriate
- To participate in responding to Audit reports as advised by the Internal Audit and C & A.G. departments
- Assist in the oversight of KPI’s, financial governance arrangements, financial systems and business re-engineering processes in collaboration with the Head of Social Care
- Demonstrate pro-active commitment to all communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Undertaking such other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Social Care
- The management and delivery of KPIs as a routine and core business objective
- Measurement of compliance with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which are congruent with Service Level arrangements
- Development of Action Plans to address KPI targets when necessary
- Ensure appropriate communication and information systems are in place to address the needs of a wide range of stakeholders including those external to the organisation.
- To effectively handle queries directed to the audit teams – assessing, recording and actioning queries, ensuring that such enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner and responses recorded.
- To contribute to the development of an effective team environment.
- To contribute to a process of Continuous Quality Improvement within Home support.
- To provide cover for other office staff members as required.
- Must be able to work in a busy and dynamic environment.
Suitable candidates will be fully qualified with strong reporting experience
If you are interested in the above or any other finance roles please contact Yvonne Rafter Ph: 01 6797990 or e-mail: email@example.com