Our client within the public sector are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join on a contract basis.
- To assist in the effective day to day administration of a busy finance department and to provide support to the Head of Finance and provide backup support for weekly payroll processing.
- Scan and attach invoices and match with purchase orders
- Follow up on orders awaiting approval
- Produce end of month reports
- Act as backup operator for electronic payment run
- Review and distribute monthly costing reports
- Import TMS data – weekly payroll.
- Process Workshop and DOE payrolls – automatic timesheets
- Monthly P30 upload – all payrolls
- Monthly nominal imports and control summary reconcilliation
- Liaise with Manager of Rossecourt and prepare monthly ETB claim
- Reconcile No 2 Bank Account
- Assist with Cash Office as required
- Provide switchboard relief as required
- Other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Head of Finance.
Duties are varied and include:
- Assist with the workflow section of electronic Purchase Order Processing – all areas
- Assist with the Cash Office function
- Invoice Processing
- Assisting with Payroll Processing
- ETB Claim
Professional Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of finance in a computerised environment
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office – including a high proficiency in MS Excel
- High levels of numerical ability
- Competently deal with financial /payroll queries – phone and otherwise
- Required to be flexible to cover other departments, reception area etc.
- Organisation of work to achieve specific targets and meet deadlines
- The application of interpreted policy under general supervision.
- Carry out other such duties as may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
- Great attention to detail and quality
- A commitment to promoting and maintaining high work standards
- A commitment to providing a professional service to internal and external stakeholders
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties and is not intended to be restrictive or definitive. Specific departmental duties are attached.
Required: Accounting Technician or part qualified accountant
Desirable: IPASS certificate
• Scan and attach invoices and match with purchase orders
• Follow up on orders awaiting approval
• Produce end of month reports
• Act as backup operator for electronic payment run
• Review and distribute monthly costing reports
• Import TMS data – weekly payroll.
• Process Workshop and DOE payrolls – automatic timesheets
• Monthly P30 upload – all payrolls
• Monthly nominal imports and control summary reconcilliation
• Liaise with Manager of Rossecourt and prepare monthly ETB claim
• Reconcile No 2 Bank Account
• Assist with Cash Office as required
• Provide switchboard relief as required.
Other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Head of Finance.
If you are interested in the above or any other Accounting roles please contact Yvonne Rafter Ph: 6797990 or e-mail: contracts @accountancysolutions.ie