At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Administrative Office Support Specialist, we'll count on you to:
• Answer and direct phone calls, greet visitors, read and route incoming mail, prepare outgoing mail/shipments, process expense reports, and assist with word processing and editing
• Schedule and coordinate in-person and virtual meetings, arrange and coordinate luncheons and/or special office/staff events
• Perform office support duties such as ordering field/office supplies, maintain and control inventory, processing invoices and receipts, work with property managment personnel as it pertains to creating service requests for maintenance and repairs
• Maintain fleet vehicle records such as maintenance and service, registration, and running telematics reports
• Handle highly sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and discretion
• Provide support to the members of the leadership team, project managers, the Human Resources team, safety coordinators, and senior administrators
• Assist other administrative staff as needed
• Perform other duties as needed
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Must be knowledgeable and proficient in MS Office Suite and various multimedia communication techniques and equipment, including video conferencing and social media channels
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in an office environment
• Professional, self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented with the flexibility and ability to prioritize, adjust to changes, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Must possess strong attention to detail, accuracy and follow-up
• Must be team-oriented and able to work with a variety of people in a fast-paced environment
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• 5+ years experience in an administrative support role
• Knowledge of A/E industry desired
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.