Partners in Performance is a global management consulting firm with a focus on human performance and working alongside client partners to make change happen. We’ve got offices in Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia, Africa, North and South America, the Middle East, Russia and the UK and Europe but prefer to spend as little time in them as possible. Instead, we work closely with our clients to deliver the big, rapid, sustainable results you hardly ever achieve by sitting in a boardroom.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
This is a permanent, full-time role to support the firm in two areas (a) training and leadership event management, b) administrative support for one of our global leaders. The split of your time between these areas will require you to be a genuine self-starter. While you are clearly an exceptional administrator, your experience in event management will be crucial. But it is also your inherent comfort with a high degree of ambiguity and competing priorities that will be in strong demand.
You will be busy. And you’ll have a lot of moving pieces to juggle so you’ll need the experience of operating in a fast-paced environment that consistently asks more of you. You’ll work virtually with different cultures and across all time zones.
You will be expected to shape and develop elements of your role that are not set in stone today. To do this you will be naturally curious; someone who proactively seeks out or creates new opportunities. You ‘roll your sleeves up’ and get stuff done to make it happen. You are low fuss, willing to give things a go and learn, and move on if it doesn’t work. It is just who you are.
You will be an outstanding Administrator who is experienced in event planning and managing a wide range of administrative tasks. While your role will report directly to the Global Leader of our Training, Marketing, IP and Sales areas (what we refer to as our ‘MIST’ areas), you will spend approximately half your time focused on organising training events, globally. Hence the dotted line to our Head of Training. You’ll sit as part of the global MIST departments, who are primarily based in Australia and NZ, North America, the UK and Ireland.
The role itself has three distinct areas to it;
(60%) Provide administrative support to respective Training Manager to organise regionally based Summer Camps, worldwide
- Manage all logistics for ANZ summer camps, and supporting local admin PiPers for other summer camps; this includes all tasks related to the venue/hotel, travel, attendance, etc
- Track development of new materials / content
- Ensure the agenda ‘works’, by finalising session timings, making sure the right people attend the right sessions, managing the multiple streams of sessions in place
- Provide timely admin support during the event – virtual for rest of world events, but in person for ANZ
- Manage tracking, reporting, feedback and update budgets
- Provide other administrative support to the event / training manager as required
(20%) Manage all administrative and support tasks to run 2x global leadership meetings, annually for both virtual events (during COVID 18 and in person events (post COVID)
- Set up multiple, virtual calls meeting different timezone and other needs
- Source venue location, costings, bookings and all travel logistics
- Ensure all new leaders have been invited to the events / all sessions within their first week at PiP; check to see if there are other current PiPers that should be invited
- Make the agenda ‘work’ for who needs to attend what, and when, confirming session lengths, content
- Cite ways / opportunities to connect leaders remotely, and / or organise social activities throughout the event
- Support development of some content, specifically ensuring it is ‘presentation’ ready; obtain materials from presenters, centrally manage version control and distribute materials to participants
- Provide real time support during the event (likely held over several weeks, amongst ‘business as usual’)
- Organise all logistical support, including IT, video / recording
- Track, report and obtain feedback on the event actively citing improvement opportunities
(20%) Support the Global Leader for MIST departments, to include:
- Provide general administrative support, including for virtual events (during COVID-19) and in person events (post COVID); e.g. set up multiple, virtual calls meeting different timezone and other needs; or source venue location, costings, bookings and all travel logistics
- Support one off initiatives the leader is currently working on, including
- Adhoc general administration support as required
You will ooze credibility, professionalism and patience, to work with a wide array of stakeholders to drive your end deliverables. In addition, your core skills/competencies will include:
- 4 plus years’ experience in corporate event management (ideally training events for internal employees) in a corporate business environment
- Prior high level administration support experience
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Strong customer focus and results driven
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- Takes ownership of role and meets all deliverables on time
- Enthusiastic, flexible attitude and team approach Strong attention to detail and quality assurance – builds error-checking into own workflow
- Experience of supporting process and systems improvement initiatives, enthusiasm for continuous improvement
· High level of experience in Microsoft Office
To cap it off you will work with talented, down to earth, fun people in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment. You’ll have challenging work that will truly make a difference, enabling you to make a real impact!
We treasure diversity of all kinds and have done since we opened for business more than 24 years ago.