Customer CEO: “Alexa, who can I trust to lead my organisation through changes to transform my operating model into a Product centric enterprise to deliver outcomes using AWS Cloud ?”
Alexa: “Advisory Consultants within AWS Professional Services will build your future-state operating model for improved growth, innovation and efficiencies. They will work with your senior leaders and teams to ensure that enterprise capabilities, key processes, governance, ways of working, and talent are developed and aligned with the desired business outcomes that are underpinned by your adoption of AWS. They then work with your executives to drive a cloud-enabled approach to organisational change management to ensure your transition is successful and sustained over the long-term.”
Do you come from a strong IT, Product, Transformation and/or Business Operations background, working with large (Global 2000, or comparable) enterprises? Are you passionate about Agile, Lean and DevOps ? Are you excited by developing new business and IT operating models, modernising organisations, processes, and career paths? Do you know what it takes to shift culture and governance from project to product driven structures? Can you help our enterprise customers plan, build and mature their ability to run ‘Production Ready' environments and operating models on AWS? Have you implemented successful change management programs to support transformation initiatives within large (Global 2000, or comparable) enterprises? Does the prospect of creating an opinionated approach to transformation – combining org change management, the AWS cloud, and Digital Transformation – to help our customers become cloud-native, digital enterprises excite you?
We are searching for transformative Business and IT Operations leaders to join the AWS Professional Services’ “Customer Centric - Product Operating Models” practice to help our customers realise the true potential of the Cloud by adopting a product-based operating model. Migrating to the cloud is just the first step of the journey. Achieving ongoing value from a cloud transformation is contingent on re-envisioning business applications, processes and IT shared-services landscapes as products. In this role you will help customers define and build their future-state operating model, learn how to continuously iterate and improve and innovate the value of their products going forward by incorporating real customer feedback and insights, and successfully define organisational change management strategies to lead the customer through a significant amount of change for the IT and Business organisations.
You will develop AWS frameworks, products and delivery mechanisms for operating model transformation discovery, analysis, design, and implementation. These frameworks and mechanisms will be specifically designed to help our customers successfully transition from operating data centres to adopting cloud, organising in functional silos across the Business and IT to cross-functional teams, and delivering short-lived “projects” to more permanent “products”. This shift, “from project to product”, is part of a larger transformation journey that AWS is a unique position to lead with our customers, leveraging our experiences and proven best-practices in operating this way across our business over several years. For IT shared-services departments, this means helping them create products that help software development teams and the business adopt AWS services quickly and sustainably, developing improved capabilities in agility for organisational resilience. For software development teams and the business, this means helping to develop and improve the digital products that engage their end customers. In addition, the content, assets, and methodologies that we use to engage and transform our customers will also be managed and delivered as “products”.
Through deep professional services engagements, the ProServe Advisory practice helps customers define their path to a more customer centric “product-based operating model”, including defining requirements and changes to their existing products/capabilities, processes, and people/workforce. We then mentor and facilitate the execution and comprehensive organisational change management for the customer, working with their leaders and teams to ensure that these transitions are successful and sustained after we leave.
Key responsibilities include
· Developing methodologies to assess our customers’ current-state operating models – capabilities (tech and non-tech), processes, governance, ways of working, team topologies and people/org/skills against their desired business outcomes and AWS best-practices for modern operating models across the Business and IT.
· Designing future-state operating model patterns, blueprints, and baselines – along with execution roadmaps – that support production-readiness, a successful transition, and realisation of their desired outcomes.
· Working across multiple AWS ProServe specialty practices to integrate their standards and best-practices into customer-facing operating model blueprinting and delivery.
· Creating and continuously improving Advisory products and services.
· Providing oversight of future-state implementation with both AWS ProServe and 3rd party partner consultants to ensure realisation of customers’ desired operating model and business outcomes.
· Developing a methodologies and assets to help AWS customers assess and re-envision their existing application and operations portfolios as products through the creation of domain driven “product taxonomies”
· Creating an integrated approach to product management, lean and agile operations, and org change management that transitions our customers to a “product-based operating model” on AWS successfully.
· Leveraging this approach to create value driven billable consulting offerings and engagements to support multiple large programs within AWS Professional Services and our partners.
· Creating scalable templates, documentation, and deliverables to enable delivery by ProServe consultants and partners worldwide
· Ensuring ProServe consultants, internal partners, and external partners are trained and enabled on our operating model methodologies.
· Excellent German and English communication skills