KS&T, with offices in Geneva, London and with its head office in the US, is a global commodity trading company participating in nearly all commodity markets but focusing in petroleum and energy.
As part of the European Power team the Quantitative Power Analyst will provide fundamental and statistical analysis of the European Electricity markets. The candidate would be expected to have a strong quantitative skills and programming capability. The Quantitative Power Analyst will work as part of a team of traders, and analysts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Fundamental analytics - to lead on power analysis on the European power markets with a focus on Southern Europe and/or Nordic markets
- Maintain and develop current S&D stacks models.
- Provide analytical insight to developing existing and future strategy development.
- Manage data inputs and sources for power analysis.
- Maintain and support fundamental research on the power and gas markets for Koch.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong knowledge of statistical techniques and applications.
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge and proven application of weather fundamentals in power markets.
- Previous experience of European Power market fundamental/statistical/quantitative analysis.
- Programming experience in one of the following languages essential (Matlab, R or VBA).
- Pro-active and capable of working independently to achieve project deadlines.
- Effective communication skills and ability to explain complex quantitative approaches in non-technical language.
- High level of intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Analytical experience from a utility and financial institution.