Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow
We are looking for a professional who wants to use their skills and experience to help deliver onoperations agenda while challenging themselves to further their career at Goldman Sachs
The PWM Margin Lending team’s primary responsibility is to ensure clients’ accounts remain within exposure limits, and to the extent clients’ have exceeded their available borrowing capacity, ensuring that actions are taken to bring the client’s account back within their limit. One key function is validating and ensuring all margin calls are issued on a timely basis, working closely with Business Partners to ensure all calls are met in a timely manner. There are also regulatory reporting obligations that are performed by the team daily, across businesses. Separately, the team works on a variety of different projects that focus on enhancements to manual processes, system uplift to increase scale, and inquiry processing on the back of client requests.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
• Calculation and issuance of margin calls for PWM clientele
• Validating and ensuring all margin calls are issued on a timely basis
• Responding to all incoming queries and interacting with many different areas of the bank, in particular with Risk, Credit and Technology
• Proactively working on enhancing the team’s process and controls
• Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and queries
• Project and initiative management and participation within the team and across all regions
• Years of experience - 1 to 3 years
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines
• Exceptional understanding of products, risks, controls and escalations process across Operations
• Excellent problem solving skills; comfort dealing with large datasets and strong numerical aptitude
• Motivated, enthusiastic and career focused. Strong motivation to succeed, both as an individual and as a team
• Desire for continued improvement and new challenges, both on a business and personal level
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong appreciation of client service
• Excel skills an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity