Amazon (Standortuebergreifend, Deutschland)
Vor 18 Tagen veröffentlicht
Locations: Dortmund, Hamburg and Munich
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe. We are seeking a savvy, motivated Graduate Analysts to join our available roles in the Fulfilment Center Finance team.
About the role
Are you passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insight that impacts daily business decision of Amazon? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volume of data excite you? Amazon has culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. During our day-to-day operations, tons of data is generated which is leveraged to make our important business decisions.
As a Graduate Analyst you will be analyzing and driving improvements to make sure the organization is fit for the future. You will do so by developing queries, macros and tools to support your day-to-day function alongside diving deep into the problems you encounter. You will work with key stakeholders to ensure that decisions are made and actioned which will allow our operations to run as efficiently as possible. You will challenge the unknown and try to drive improvement into key areas of our business.
A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, is comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results. They should have an internal drive to answer “why?” questions, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, as well as superior written and verbal communication skills. They would be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
You would be a great fit for this role if you enjoy and excel at:
· Using your analytical skills to generate and implement innovative and disruptive ideas
· Solving complex analytical problems and drawing conclusions from large data sets
· Continuously learning new skills and knowledge areas to grow, develop, and better serve our customers
· Working with a broad set of stakeholders from diverse and dynamic teams
· Collecting, analyzing and coordinating quantitative data and creating meaningful reports/dashboards to define business improvement and cost reductions
· Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the business improve and creating new measures
· Recommending, developing, and implementing policies, processes and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its current position and profitability
· Establishing and maintaining accurate operating and business metrics
· Providing and communicating reporting and analysis to senior stakeholders
· Developing the right performance indicators and maintaining them at scale
· Working with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
· Handling complex priorities and providing level-headed guidance during ambiguous/unexpected events