MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The mission of RISK Operational Risk & Control (“ORC”) is to oversee the effective and efficient functioning of the permanent control framework implemented by Business Lines and Functions, and the measurement and management of operational risks. RISK ORC Functions is acting as the 2nd Line of Defense for the Functions of the CIB US platform, with the key role to support relevant RISK and CIB Functions senior management with a comprehensive, transparent, exhaustive and consistent front to back view of Operational Risk across their activities in the US.
BNPP is seeking an Operational Risk Analyst at the VP level to support the RISK ORC Functions team, covering primarily the US and secondarily working with the RISK ORC teams in Canada, Brazil & Latin America). Operational Risk Managers supervise the front to back Operational Risk (”OR”) Management framework and more specifically:
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
· The successful candidate will have a minimum level of Bachelor’s Degree in a Science such as Engineering, Mathematics or Physics or a Finance related degree such as Economics, Accounting or Certified Public Accounting (CPA).
· Detailed understanding of at least three Corporate Functions (eg Human Resources, Procurement, Finance, Risk, Corporate Security, Compliance, Legal…)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to b uild relationships with Functions senior management
· Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to influence, to negotiate, to conceptualize issues and translate into solutions.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
· Demonstrated experience as part of a finance, audit or compliance testing team considered a plus
· Knowledge of DFS, FRB and Prudential Regulations or corporate governance practices a plus.
· An undergraduate degree in RISK Management or a business related graduate degree (MBA) is a plus.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.