Coordinates financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to Country Office and project staff, to ensure the fiscal well- being of the projects. Provides financial management, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds, and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor’s requirements. Oversees sub award management and responds to inquiries and assist in trainings. Provide high level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies and developing strong customer relationships. Analyzes financial data and reports to determine accuracy and completeness. Compiles data and prepares financial reports. Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for senior management and field operations. Responsible for analyzing performance trends, modeling complex business decisions, tracking performance and presenting results. Ensures and provides financial expertise, critical thinking, and customer service.
- Has or obtain a thorough knowledge of external regulations as well as internal corporate policies and procedures.
- Has adequate knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Interprets and applies principles, contractual and regulatory requirements, and evaluates the impact of policies, procedures and practices.
- Work includes accumulating data, summarizing information into presentable reports/forms, and discerning valid from invalid data comparisons.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Use systems to produce reports, financial models and databases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Evaluate audit findings recommendation for adequacy and appropriateness.
- When reading audit findings, consider the system of controls and recommend appropriate actions.
- Analyzes and compiles moderately complex data.
- Applies a thorough knowledge of financial management, risk analysis, legal and regulatory compliance pertaining to the respective industry.
- Delivers formal presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience; educates relevant parties regarding programs, procedures and/or eligibility criteria.
- Interacts with industry representatives, co-workers and officials to analyze or resolve issues.
- Maintains a variety of professional working relationships.
- Documents complex issues and effectively articulates written conclusions.
- Reviews and edits work of others.
- Presents oral and written testimony on moderately complex issues.
- Apply thorough knowledge of applicable information technology to perform the required duties.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Analyzes moderately complex business operations and financial statements.
- Reviews and determines compliance with laws and regulations; draws conclusions; makes recommendations for approval.
- Serves as a resource to others in resolving moderately complex problems; identifies substantive issues that are thoroughly and accurately researched and analyzed.
- May review and analyze recommendations from peers.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
- Supports internal and external audit requests.
- Explains variances in a concise manner.
- 5 – 8 Years of progressively responsible financial analysis experience.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
- Some experience in providing written responses and action plans to financial audit findings.
- Experience communicating with internal/external auditors.
- Experience reading Single Audit (OMB A 133) or other financial audit reports desired, not required.
- CPA (K) desired, not required.