Requisition Number: 42029
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (“LCDs”) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Keep safety, 5S and IAP.
• Follow management systems, ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
• Receive analytical requests from CDT China plant or Commercial or Division or MTE
• Analyze defect samples using microscope, SEM and FT-IR
• Analytical report writing in both English and Chinese.
• Get advice from mentor available in AAL.
• Get approval of analytical report from lab supervisor.
• Maintenance and calibration of analytical equipment
• Draft / upgrade standard operation procedure (SOP) for analytical instruments
• Travel for on-site support to internal and external customers.
• Technical presentation your analytical results to audience in both English and Chinese
• Lead technical discussion with internal requesters / external customers to solve issues
• Teamwork to solve issues
Education & Experience
MS degree in engineering or material science
Ideally chemical / mechanical engineering, applied mechanics, and material science & engineering.
More than 3-years work experience in laboratory or plant
Experience on defect analysis with microscopes, SEM/EDX and/or FT-IR
Technical report writing skills in English.
General knowledge on the materials science.
Experience and understanding of DMAIC and statistical data analysis, such as Minitab.
Ability to work in a team based environment and participate in a matrix project team.
Interest in “detective” work with logical consideration.
Good communication skills in English (can communicate technical information effectively)
Native level communication skill in Chinese.
Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
Employee Referral level 1