Sr. Software Engineer (Dash Performance)
Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant's lives one transaction at a time.
• Define, develop and perform performance/scalability benchmarks on Clover Platform and Clover micro-services deployed to the Cloud
• You will be a key member of our Cloud Platform team driving the quality of our products and services to the next level.
• You will work within our agile software development process and have an important impact on the services being built by the Clover Platform& Product teams.
• Efficiently working with various profiling tools to identify performance and concurrency bottleneck, propose and implement optimizations to improve the clover product ecosystem consisting of server/web and android devices
• Implement and improve sizing and capacity calculators for key Clover applications on the cloud
• 6+ years of experience in Performance Engineering and Benchmarking
• Skilled in both the art and science of benchmark creation and measurement and modeling of system behavior under load
• Hands-on experience creating load and performance scenarios driven by user behaviors and patterns
• Ability to design and script out complex performance tests using tools such as Gatling Locust.io
• Ability to find root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools, pstack, JProfiler , YourKit (Java)
• Passionate to optimize the performance bottlenecks and improve the product
• Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
• Experience in SaaS, Microservice , CloudNative software companies and projects
• Expert in scripting languages (Python) and compiled languages Java , C/C++ * Expert in distributed computing system and stack Comfortable with Linux, Docker, GCP/AWS, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration
Nice to Haves:
• Ability to extend performance-testing frameworks. Preferably a locust.io python framework
• Experience with the agile methodology for software development teams.
• Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment and automation tools (e.g. Jenkins).
• Experience with microservices, preferably Spring Boot
• Experience with enterprise software capacity planning a big plus
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent
To apply contact Debbie.email@example.com for more details.