My client is seeking an experienced Android Engineer to join an exciting new team, you will contribute to the design, build and support of core features/functionality related to data analytics and digital adoption. You will collaborate with a team of engineers to design and build best-in-class experiences for our users with the goal of reducing our merchants' dependency on calling support and visiting our help site.
You'll build integrated experiences that help establish user journeys and funnels, identify friction
points and deliver digital adoption solutions for merchants to onboard and self-educate more effectively across Clover properties.
You will partner with product and engineering leads to scope, architect and execute on key features/enhancements that will reshape how our users access Clover products and services.
On the Nenagh-based Core Experience team you will have the following responsibilities:
• Contribute and; add new features for Clover Core Experience, resolve bugs, and refactor/ improve code base
• Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project
planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible
software that is in-line with company objectives
• Implement new Clover applications as needed; take ownership of the new product from development
through deployment and production monitoring
• Collaborate with Server Application Engineers to determine the best way to maintain low response times as
new features are designed
• Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
• Participate in a regular on call rotation
Basic Qualifications for Consideration :
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in an Android development role
• Strong Java and Android skills
• Strong understanding of relational databases and proficiency with MySQL
• Exposure to RESTful APIs
• Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
• Flexible and self-driven with a collaborative approach to problem-solving
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
• Comfortability writing unit, integration, and instrumentation tests
• Experience with Android Bound Services and Android Open Source Project
• Experience with distributed computing
• Experience in web development
• Skills with Kotlin and/or Python Scripting
• Experience working with international and remote teams
• Experience with building accessible software - ADA, WCAG standards - testing tools: JAWS, screen readers
• Good working knowledge of revision control and code review tools like Git, Gerrit etc.