Lighthouse Studios is delighted to be starting work on an exciting new animated special for a major SVOD. It is a unique and true story and based on a highly successful graphic novel. We are currently seeking to hire experienced Toon Boom Animators to join our team in Kilkenny.
Why you should work here
Working at Lighthouse means that you are dedicated to our shared cause of producing animated content of the highest possible quality for a global audience. This means that you can rest assured that the projects you work on at Lighthouse will be ones that you can be truly proud of.
Working at Lighthouse will give you the opportunity to not only learn from some of the most talented individuals in the industry, but also discover new cultures and new ways of working. In addition to learning from your colleagues, you also have the opportunity to partake in our in-house learning and development programme, so you can be sure that your time at Lighthouse will be beneficial for you not only now but for years to come.
Of course, we also have many other benefits such as a pension plan, employee assistance programme, health and wellness benefits, regular crew parties and much more!
Lighthouse Studios are an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and Inclusion are core to who we are, and we recognise the great value each one of us brings to the team. If you require an accommodation due to a disability with your application or interview process, please email HR@lighthousestudios.ie and we will be happy to accommodate you as best we can.
- Study the animation style and Animation Supervisor’s brief on the objectives of each scene;
- Animate assigned number of frames as per quota per week, comprising multiple passes and approval by your Animation Supervisor/Lead and Animation Director. Please note that quota can vary depending on difficulty and complexity of the assigned scene, which will be assessed by Production and Supervisor;
- Follow instructions of Animation Supervisor/Lead and Production Manager to meet creative standard and production deadlines;
- Address any problems with the Animation Supervisor, Production Manager and Production Coordinator;
- Communicate progress of work to the Animation Supervisor, Production Manager and Production Coordinator;
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in animation work and that all notes/retakes are added;
- Occasionally supporting junior crew members per supervisor's request;
- Follow exact procedures set by LH (i.e. file naming and storage) according to the production's guidelines;
- Attendance is required at meetings when requested by the Animation Director and Production Team;
- Address any problems with the Animation Supervisor or Animation Lead;
- Review messages on messaging systems and emails during working hours.
- Advanced knowledge in Toonboom Harmony;
- Requires to have no less than 2-5 years’ experience in Animation for television or feature film and/or a portfolio displaying the required skills;
- Experience in cut-out animation using Toon Boom rigs;
- Strong understanding of traditional 2D animation principles;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
- Attention to details and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with Shotgun;
- Be available on messaging systems and by emails during working hours;
- Must be willing to relocate to Kilkenny.