As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your Role and Responsibilities
The AWS Architect is at the leading edge of digital transformation with customers using AWS, helping shape the conversation with senior executives and building / creating new digital transformation opportunities. The role holder will have a real passion for AWS as a technology platform and will have practical hands on experience of designing and delivering enterprise scale solutions for customers using AWS.
The role holder will be able to lead discussions with customer technical decision makers and translate business requirements into secure, reliable and highly available technology solutions that deliver real customer value. They will also need to be adept at managing constant business change, rapidly evolving requirements, adjustments in strategic direction, and keeping current on emerging technology solutions.
- Building deep technical relationships with senior executives and designing innovative solutions for large or highly strategic accounts
- Technical leadership, design and delivery of enterprise scale solutions that deliver high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability and reliability
- Driving a culture of IP development and reuse
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of leading consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design and implementation
- Demonstrated excellence with consulting skills and presenting complex development topics to both business executive and technical personnel
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and helping to build innovative cloud solutions in large or highly strategic accounts
- AWS Solutions Architect – Professional qualification preferred; certification is expected within 12 months of joining
The role holder is expected to be a subject matter expert in one or more of the following:
- Cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies)
- Cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management);
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, EKS);
- Continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, AWS Code* Services, Chef, Puppet);
- Web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM)
- Experience with scalable architectures using AWS API Gateway, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. EKS, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks (AWS Lambda) etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.