Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company's innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2020 revenues of approximately $8.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
As process-focused Application Development Scientist, you
- participate in the development team effort from inception to commercialization
- execute product development projects, pilot plant trials and commercial production line processing
- maintain documentation during the development process
- provide all levels of technical support to customers including processing information, conduct and support trials of new materials, production startup, process troubleshooting and primary interface to resolve any quality/technical issues
- investigate application requirements from the customer, gather all technical data for customer requirements
- develops and maintains a network with independent institutions and with the technical centers focusing on glass and laminate applications
- leads ideations & development projects in the innovation funnel
- keep up with new technologies from the literature and identifying external research opportunities
- have frequent and direct interaction with Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, WW Technology and various support groups.
- promotes a safe work environment for self and others
- seeks continuous improvement through periodic assessments
- work in a fast-paced, results-oriented team environment to assist in developing new technologies that provide solutions to customers' needs
A well-presented and independent co-worker who is customer-oriented.
You are able to work in a team as well as individually, you are self-motivating and innovative in attitude. Additionally, you are a self-starter, you work independently, and have good personal organization skills. Flexibility is a must in this distinctly innovative environment. Candidates should have a positive social attitude and like to work in a team.
This is what you bring
- Candidates must have a master in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering. 3 years of relevant experience or a PhD is a plus
- Broad background in physical properties of polymers, experience in polymer processing of masterbatch formulations is considered as a plus
- Understanding/experience with the design & development of architectural applications
- Understanding of production processes preferably in architectural glazing industry
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Good analytical skills and statistical insight
- High level of initiative and leadership ability
- Excellent organization and planning skills and ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to travel as required (max. 20%)
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day