Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
- Provide best in class Application, Engineering and Seed Treatment technology guidance and support to European KA customers (Hybrid and Cereals/DFC crops).
- Coordinate in alignment with EAME Regional Seedcare Leadership and GSCI pillar lead the services delivery and seasonal plans review as a member of the P-A-S customer offers.
- Lead Application and Engineering Service Innovation within geographic scope and seek for continuous service improvement as well as customer value extraction (eg. operational efficiency).
- Maintain continuous communication to the EAME regional KAM team and Seedcare regional marketing functions to support delivery of the Application component of the PAS offer.
- Perform Application and Engineering performances studies to assess various parametersfor new or existing products and ad-on technologies depending on the customer needs, then report findings in a compelling, clear and easy to understand format.
- Master the use of SCI related modules within SFDC to allow KAM to visualize the service campaign, per customer, geography or segment in scope. Use SFDC for regular Leadership team update and interactions with customers.
- Address customer challenges or needs promptly and provide smart solutions on agreed timelines (trouble -shooting and others).
- Work closely with the Recipe Dev, QA and Stewardship team and the local SCI's in EAME for pre-season, in-season and post seasonal activities.
- Train new application and engineering experts in EAME to facilitate unified service delivery and consistency for regional customers (KA).
- Establish remote and virtual support with new tools and technologies (live streaming from Stein and remote support) as well as find innovative ways to deliver services (with local KAM and BU support functions)
- Lead regional projects with selected customers to deliver efficiency gains and new service value capture (OPEX project as baseline)
Critical success factors and key challenges
- Understand customer needs and get to the point of issues rapidly
- Get connected with critical internal business partners (e.g. T&E)
- Organize workslate efficiently
- Build and motivate project teams to deliver comprehensive but focused study reports
- Deal with complexity
- Fundamentals in agronomy
- In Depth Know-how and experience in seed treatment technology and local market conditions
- Understanding of engineering solutions for seed production and treatment
- Good laboratory skills
- Excellent command of English, minimum one other European language welcome
- Customer relationship management with KA approach
- Advanced Project management skills
- Reporting of study results
- Working within teams
- Managing operational application and engineering studies in lab or at customer sites.
- Minimum BSc in Agronomy or Mechanical Engineering – or equivalent.
Critical leadership capabilities
- Set direction: Communicate effectively
- Create edge: Build trust
- Liberate potential: Promote teamwork and leverage network potential
- Drive results: Display drive and continuous improvement approach
- Open for different cultural needs and specifics
- Put people at the ease
- Fluent in English, any additional language skills of value
- Flexibility in working time
- Mobility (travelling max 40 %) and remote/virtual support.
Experience to be gained in the job:
- Basic commercial acumens.
- Marketing skills and customer centricity understanding.
- Complex project management and stakeholder’s management
- Problem solving methods and root cause analysis
- Digital/virtual world of training and education
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.