Posting Date: Feb 26, 2021
Primary Location: Non-Japan Asia-India-Karnataka-Bengaluru
Job: Production Management and Operational Support
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses and to our own. Corporate and Funding Technology (CFT) is part of Technology. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of business functions including Prime Brokerage, PWM, BRM, Corporate Treasury, Operations, Risk Management, Finance Legal, Compliance and HR
Member of Sales and Trading application support team, this role involves supporting critical Trading applications used by Firm's internal users like traders and operations.
Sales and Trading application team is responsible for ensuring stability of these business critical applications, users and their associated infrastructure.
As a member of the Production Management team we need you to bring your passion for technology to enable the team to operate more efficiently in a fast paced environment, and to help us provide best in class services to the firm’s clients across Business Units.
The candidate should be adaptive to a continuous changing environment, be able to successfully multi-task, and enjoy the pressure and stress of a fully engaged production management role. This is a diverse role which provides great personal development opportunities and will suit an astute candidate with an appetite for responsibility and hands-on technology exposure.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the next evolution of our Technology platform, working in conjunction with the businesses, developers, data operations, outside counterparties and regulatory bodies. Because this position provides exposure to a wide range of cutting edge technologies and is tightly integrated with our Agile based development teams/business sponsors, the exposure this role provides enables limitless career growth potential.
• Handle production management services including end user support, systems monitoring, incident management, problem management, plant management and event management.
• Build extensive business and application knowledge required for supporting client facing applications.
• Diagnose and resolve application issues to ensure optimal performance and usability.
• Develop automation to reduce toil, improve efficiency and eliminate customer impact.
• Provide root cause analysis with recommendations for improvements.
• Interface with Developers to drive application fixes with right business justification.
• Configure application monitors using industry standard monitoring tools, as well as developing customized monitoring solutions.
Experience: 3-8 years
• Strong coding/scripting skills : Python / Perl / Shell (Any Two).
• Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
• Understanding of Distributed Systems.
• Understating of Database Concepts, SQL Queries and Database Performance.
• Experience working with application Monitoring/Alerting Tools (Splunk, AppDynamics, Elastic Search etc.).
• Understanding of schedulers (Autosys, Control M etc.).
• Experience in building and maintaining Production and/or Non-Production environments.
• Experience in development tools (GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet etc.).
Good to have skills:
• Experience in financial services / products.
Good to have certifications:
• Unix certification Redhat/Linux
• Database certification
• Financial certifications NSE (Capital Market/Equity Derivatives ) etc
• AWS Azure
• Scrum master/Agile