CGI is recruiting for a Senior Technical Consultant to provide Technical Architecture Leadership as part of the Application Support Team, focused on delivering reliable and resilient application solutions.
• Participate as a Project Team Member to contribute Non-Functional Requirements Specifications (NFRs) as Features or Stories in Agile and/or Waterfall software development projects.
• Participate in project planning, PI Planning, Iteration/Sprint Planning to ensure critical NFRs are prioritized and Definition of Done includes critical NFRs
• Provide technical leadership as a project member, with a primary focus on Application supportability, resiliency and reliability
• Contribute to the end-to-end design of IT solutions for projects, integrating multiple systems (bespoke and COTS) and ensuring that designs adhere to agreed design standards and methods
• Manage communications and knowledge transfer to the Application Support Team throughout the project life-cycle through to deployment, ensuring that critical defects are identified and resolved before deployment into the live Production environment
• Ensure that the end-to-end Support documentation is maintained and kept up to date
• Lead a technical support team during an incident
• Troubleshoot containerized service issues, restoring service, and addressing technical root causes
• Troubleshoot application incidents that can include network related issues, by performing network related first-level investigation such as packet capture and analysis.
• Be available 24x7 for Support related escalations
• Provide technical leadership, governance and architecture guidance and for IT's strategic technical direction in line with the company's overall business strategy
• Attend cross-functional team meetings to understand business priorities and changes
• Participate as a next-level technical troubleshooting lead for escalated h/w and Application s/w reported problems
• Ability to analyse and recommend required system performance tuning.
• Understanding requirements and perform the following, :
o QA Requirement Analysis
o Impact Assessment
o Test case design
o Test execution
o Status reporting
Ideally, you should possess this experience:
• Application Development experience
o Strong understanding of different Java standards and enterprise framework.
o RHEL/Unix, Java, Spring, SQL, Oracle, Weblogic, OSM/UIM, BPM
o Configuring and supporting containerized applications (Redhat Openshift platform preferred, but Docker and Kubernetes is acceptable)
o Developing and supporting microservices
o Hands on coding experience at some point in the career, with sufficient background to be able to read and troubleshoot existing PROD source code
o The ability to develop automation using various scripting tools
o Desirable skills include:
NoSQL DB experience
Apache Kafka experience
Openshift service mesh (istio)
• Application Support experience
o Ability to lead a technical support team during an incident
o Experience troubleshooting containerized service issues, restoring service, and addressing technical root causes (eg. Java, weblogic using the WLS operator or any other K8S operators)
o Desired experience and comfortable in network troubleshooting, packet capture and analysis.
o Willingness to be available 24x7 for Support related escalations
• Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
o Configuring and using FULL STACK MONITORING (eg. Dynatrace Managed) tools in a DevOps or Application Support role
o Contributes monitoring NFR’s in an Agile project delivery mode (NFR Enabler Stories and/or Definition of Done for user stories)
o Knowledge and experience building monitoring dashboards,
o Experience using the toolset to troubleshoot alerts generated by the monitoring tool to sectionalize the issue and restore service,
o Experience tuning the monitoring and alerting
o Experience using log aggregation tools and visualization tools
o Experience using machine learning capabilities to provide Business Activity Monitoring and predictive failure analysis
• Agile/DevOps experience
o Knowledge of S/W development processes and methodologies along with project management exposure is desirable and more specifically agile ways of working
o Deep understanding of micro-services architecture and DevOps principles is required
o Working in a DevOps culture with Developers and Technical Architects
o Experience using DevOps Tool Chain, for example but not limited to:
Jenkins and/or uDeploy
• Communications and Teamwork skills
o Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
• Problem Solving Skills
o Ability to solve technical issues quickly and independently.
o Strong analytical / problem solving ability
• Global Enterprise experience
o Experience working as a Service Provider and understands the value of customer orientation and client focus
o Past software development experience with enterprise grade software
o Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
• University degree - engineering or IT/telecoms preferred.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.