J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader in Banking. The world’s corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk.
About this Role
We are seeking an Associate level candidate for a role within the Sales and Research Production Management Team (Part of Digital Markets Production Management). The Digital Markets platform includes JP Morgan Markets - the client platform which delivers J.P. Morgan’s financial markets solutions across the full trade lifecycle: award-winning research, powerful analytics, structuring tools, direct API connectivity to JPM systems, multi-product trading and extensive post-trade capabilities. Additionally, Digital Markets includes a number of applications critical to the operations of our sales force, research organization and Investor Services divisions and beyond.
· Regular engagement with business client services, infrastructure and other stakeholders of the applications supported
· Supporting a MIFID II-compliant Sales Trader workflow platform
· Resolving day-to-day issues impacting the application stack - including being first point of contact for Technology and Business across the full spectrum of production management responsibilities
· Work within a team comprised of both local and off-shore resources to provide day-to-day support to both internal and external users
· Work closely with the Digital Platforms development team to understand issues, drive resolutions and stability of the applications evolving the support to meet these needs.
· Create, continuously improve and maintain real-time monitoring dashboards to ensure system operability and performance
· Proactively identify areas for stability improvement in the software/hardware stack and contribute to the development of remedial solutions
· Identify and drive creation of tooling to ensure quality management of incidents and proactive follow-ups to issues
· Manage the on-boarding of new businesses, clients and applications to the team’s portfolio
· Ensure resiliency of the platform through managed DR/SR/HA events.
The successful Candidate needs to be familiar with ITIL support methodologies and concepts (Change, Incident, Problem, Event, Configuration management etc). A candidate who has a proven track record of supporting internal and/or external clients is a strong preference, as is someone who has previously worked a diverse team.
The successful applicant will possess an undergraduate degree in a numerate subject (e.g. mathematics, engineering, computing science) and be keen to develop a career in a world class investment bank with an intimate exposure to a front office environment. They will possess the following skills and core competencies:
· Familiarity with ITIL methodologies related to IT service management
· Possesses a continuous process improvement mindset
· Building tools using scripting and programming languages like Perl, Python, Java, C#
· Experience developing and supporting applications built on Python, Java or .NET framework
· Experience with relational databases and ability to write complex SQL queries
· Knowledge and experience with system and application monitoring software like Geneos, DynaTrace and Splunk
· Experience working with a variety of platforms, including UNIX/Linux (RHEL experience preferred)
· Proficiency with incident and problem management best practices including: resource co-ordination, stakeholder communication, root cause analysis, conducting incident post mortems, etc
· Experience supporting FICC and/or Equity sales and trading environments covering algorithmic trading, order routing, low-latency trading and exchange connectivity with a working knowledge of business flows and terminology
· Experience adopting and implementing DevOps practices and tools
· Networking / Infrastructure working knowledge a plus
·Experience with KDB a plus
·Experience supporting public/private cloud based, Java, or e-commerce applications a plus