Architect, Frontend Architecture
Are you passionate about the chance to bring your extensive leadership, technical experience, compassion, and enthusiasm to transform and design the next generation of Thomson Reuters market leading research products? Thomson Reuters is looking to add to their architecture team a key leader who will work with experts from many disciplines to deliver a frontend architecture vision for the next generation of Thomson Reuters research products, including Westlaw.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Architect, Frontend Architecture you will:
- Be a Technical Leader – provide thought leadership and guidance in setting the architecture vision and direction to deliver customer-facing research products. Work with technology teams and beyond to realize their implementation. Research and recommend industry standards and best practices.
- Be an efficient Stakeholder Manager - engage, collaborate, and influence peers, senior management, junior engineers, and business partners. Act as point of contact in resolving stakeholder issues.
- Be a Team Player – ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive team-oriented environment, partner with cross functional and remote teams, draw out strong design ideas from diverse teams and high performing engineers, and translate requirements into actionable architecture.
- Be a Decision Maker - make quick and effective data driven decisions, with good problem solving and analytical skills to infer qualitative and quantitative data, while recognizing and communicating tradeoffs.
- Be an Effective Communicator – ability to concisely and completely articulate complex technical issues; ability to target your audience, actively listen, and value diverse ideas.
- Be an Agile Person – with a strong sense of urgency and a desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment to deliver solutions against strict timelines.
- Be Curious & Innovative – ability to question the status quo. Continuously update yourself with industry trends, next generation technology, and software development best practices.
You’re a fit for the role of an Architect, Frontend Architecture if you have:
- Experience partnering with product owners, user experience designers, and technology leaders to establish, promote, and advance a frontend architecture strategy and best practices.
- Hands-on experience designing and delivering robust, high-volume, highly reliable, and highly available web products for use in customer-facing applications considering user experience, security, accessibility, internationalization, responsiveness, analytics, maintainability and testability concerns.
- Experience with a variety of web application designs including monolithic, micro frontends, SOA, micro services, and web components.
- Experience with cloud-native architectures and modernizing legacy architectures.
- Experience with strategies for managing dependencies, building, deploying and hosting web applications.
- Experience with website usage analytic tools (eg. Adobe, Pendo, Google Analytics).
- Experience with Agile, Reactive Programming, TDD, Dependency Injection, CI and other software engineering best practices.
- Robust analytical skills with the ability to synthesize business requirements with technology capabilities to produce coherent architectures and technical designs.
- Ability to articulate technical strategy, value, and risks to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication experience including cultural and language awareness
- Ability to successfully operate across organizational boundaries and to influence and guide.
- Passion to coach others interested in architecture, systems, design, influence and leadership.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, best practices, new technologies, and software development techniques.
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Have 8-10+years relevant experience, plus 3+ years architecture/design experience.
What's in it For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
Learning & Development:
- Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth - the ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone.
- Health benefits
- Savings/investment plans
- Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)
Flexibility: We've been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
Global Opportunities: We have employees in over 90 countries, working across 3 different industries
Your well-being: We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com . Locations