Chief Cybersecurity Architect
The Chief Cybersecurity Architect role is responsible for strategically engaging with strategic alliance partners, managed security service providers, independent software vendors, channel partners, and large enterprise customers to develop incremental revenue sources for the Micro Focus Security, Risk, and Governance (SR&G) solutions. It is an externally focused thought leadership/evangelist role with responsibilities for developing solution reference architecture, driving thought leadership, and establish repeatable go-to-market solutions. Supporting direct sales and partner teams in structuring large Cybersecurity deals is a key responsibility for this role. The Chief Cybersecurity Architect role is expected to have a nice blend of solution architecture experience, Cybersecurity domain expertise, and large deal structuring skills with an ultimate focus on creating incremental revenue sources.
- Monitor emerging Cybersecurity trends, identify emerging cybersecurity use cases and drive innovation opportunities.
- Support emerging Cybersecurity solution development initiatives and help establish customer studies for emerging cybersecurity use cases.
- Gain a deeper understanding of partner’s Enterprise Security practices and explore opportunities to embed Micro Focus SR&G technologies into the security solutions/service offerings.
- Support business development opportunities to embed Micro Focus SR&G solutions into managed services platforms, turnkey solutions, repeatable solution reference architecture, Security centers of excellence, etc.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and deep subject matter expertise in the Cybersecurity space through industry forums, corporate events, customer events, etc.
- Identify, develop, and maintain a highly influential ecosystem of cybersecurity experts, thought leaders, and solution architects/managers within alliance partners and large enterprise customers across the sales geography.
- Establish and maintain a repository of emerging c papers, reference architectures, deployment best practices & lessons learned, etc., to drive efficient business development initiatives and continuously explore ways to shorten time-to-revenue.
Education and Experience
- Graduate or Post-graduate degree in computer science & engineering, etc.
- 15+ years of work experience at infrastructure software companies or global systems integrators/managed service providers.
- 10+ years of Cybersecurity solution architecture and domain experience from working with global systems integrators/managed service providers, direct sales teams, independent software vendors, and large enterprise customers.
- Experience in working across Cybersecurity domains (Infrastructure Security/Managed Security Services, Identity and Access Management, Application Security, Data & Information Security, End-point Security, etc.)
- 5+ years of thought leadership and evangelism experience.
- Experience in working with on-shore/off-shore personnel across time zones.
- Results-driven, self-sufficient and self-motivated individuals with a strong commitment to success and delivery excellence.
Knowledge and Skills
- Enjoy learning and introducing new technologies to help colleagues and partners embrace and adopt them.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation) with the ability to articulate and sell on value propositions.
- A track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly.
- Strong Business acumen with an understanding across solution lifecycle – concept to product.
- Strong understanding of Strategic Consulting, Systems Integration, Global Delivery Models, Managed / IT Outsourcing Services, Infrastructure Management Services, IT / Data Center Transformation, Identity and Security Management, Open Source, Cloud Computing, Intellectual Property, Platform as a Service, Application Development & Maintenance, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Proven ability to build and maintain executive level relationships.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Works with the Customer Success teams to educate target accounts on the solution set and gets involved in account planning for strategic deals
- Leads efforts to establish, develop, and expand market share and revenue attainment within named solutions
- Works to attain various sales objectives related to securing new business opportunities within named customers, engaging Alliances to address solution gaps and with Cloud Service providers and System Integration teams to develop offerings.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status