What You’ll do
- Account ownership, working with customer account team and partners
- Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization services to Cisco Sophisticated Services Customers around Cisco’s Enterprise Network & Data Center products and related solutions.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work
- Establish relationship with customer management and teams on Data Center Infrastructure areas and future technology
- Participates in or lead sophisticated Data Center & Cloud infrastructure (network, storage and compute) design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects
- Solves sophisticated, multi-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security
- Applies good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution
- Provides technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades and Proof of Concepts.
- Delivers migration plans, with a detailed understanding on networked applications and related dependencies
- Ensure compliance to delivery methodology operational structure, roles & responsibilities
- Participates in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with customer leading specific asks from the customer and running customer expectations from Cloud Consumption engagements
- Support the Project Management team in resolution of project issues
- Supervise work against the engagement schedule and support the PM track financial, resource and material requirements for the engagements
- Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e. Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service
- Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success
- A high degree of raw analytic horse-power, logical reasoning ability, and curiosity. Be creative with a practical approach and have an intuitive feel for financial consequences of recommendations.
- This individual will be passionate about their area of expertise and be interested in a specialist track as a long-term career objective. The winning candidate will have a clear record of achievement, a willingness to work hard and perseverance to make things happen.
Who you will work with
CX is a team of elite technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers plan, design, deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through exceptional financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
Who you are
- Broad technical knowledge of the R&S, Data center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization.
- Solid Understanding of Routing and Switching, Nexus VxLAN, VPC, OTV etc
- Solid Understanding of various ACI Designs option (Single Site, Multipod, Multisite etc ) and implementation of these topologies
- Understanding of Adjacent Technologies (AWS , Azure Cloud, VMware, K8, Hyperflex)
- On Automation Front knowledge of Python, Ansible etc
- OS side Linux knowledge
- Share Knowledge, content Creation for wider team
- Automate the various processes and Technologies
- Be Trusted advisor for customer and internal teams, Knows Eye for business skills
- Should be able to take interviews for team and multi-functional as well
- Should be ready to lead team for a project, distribution of work among team member
- Respect the deadlines and Negotiate the same at starting of project
- Requires BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus 10+ years of related experience in IT industry
- CCIE Preferred
- Understands and can articulate the value of data center virtualization techniques and cloud architectures
- Strong customer-facing sales and architectural skills.
- Client-facing skills, multi-functional influence, external and internal consulting
- Solid grasp of the industry landscape (competitors and partners)
- High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential.
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.