CNH Industrial is a global leader in the capital goods sector with established industrial experience, a wide range of products and a worldwide presence. Each of the CNH Industrial's brands is a major international player in its specific industry: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and Steyr for tractors and agricultural machinery; Case and New Holland Construction for earth moving equipment; Iveco for commercial vehicles; Iveco Bus and Helieuz Bus for buses and coaches; Iveco Astra for quarry and construction vehicles; Magirus for firefighting vehicles; Iveco Defence Vehicles for defence and civil protection; and FPT Industrial for engines and transmissions. More information can be found on the corporate website: www.cnhindustrial.com
The company has an international footprint in the Defence and Security Business with the ambitious target of increasing the order intake and its market share with a wider product portfolio solutions.
Iveco Defence Vehicles, part of CNH INDUSTRIAL GROUP, is one of the major market player, full-service providers and is a leading European systems supplier for defence mobility as well as a trusted partner of the armed forces It covers logistical and tactical military vehicles – both wheeled and tracked – as well as combat vehicles for armed forces the world over – from end to end and from a single source.
Iveco Defence Vehicles is based in Italy, at Bolzano, having several branches worldwide as well as 5 production facilities. It is also an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of security and mobility and occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier, being a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing mobility solutions for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector.
For this reason, the Sales Area Manager will ensure effective management and target alignments within the complex Business framework.
This Area Sales Manager is responsible for driving the business to achieve the target assigned by the Business . He/she manages the business with the objectives of growing the penetration and the overall market shares for the entire product portfolio. The products include a state of the art technology for a wide range of trucks, multirole and armored vehicles.
He/she will manage the entire complexity of Defence and Security Business requiring a full understanding of strategies, culture, policies, procedures and relationships. The Business is based on a Sales model of a multi-years contracts addressing the entire life cycle of Product Portfolio.
- Operational implementation of sales activities for selected countries
- Propose, define and implement the Country/Region Sales Strategy identifying customers, opportunities, relevant stakeholders, key players and main tenders (including managing of tender processes)
- Explore new business opportunities with local/international channels (governmental and international institutions);
- Management of the offer projects from receipt of request to the final offer and contract
- Develop and run the appropriate execution plan within the agreed strategy
- Support existing customers and sourcing of new customers
- Creation of contributions to the reporting and sales database
- Build high value networks to better implement the strategy and underpin a successful execution plan within the Defence and Security Business
- Introduce the best practise of Defence and Security business through Sales model approach, KPI and processes.
- Responsible for the achievement of Market sales objectives in terms of market share, volumes and margins assigned;
- Propose the annual Business Plans and implement a stake-holders network within the country market to ensure maximum sales performance;
- Propose the rolling forecast (PO process) manage the Planning, Forecasting, Ordering & Scheduling processes in connection with the Commercial Logistics Dept.;
- Develop and implement sales marketing initiatives (promotional events, demonstrations, open days, factory visits and product presentations);
- Provide to central functions input in terms of pricing, development opportunities, service level standard, competitors scenario;
- Assess the market potential and its trends and propose the required actions to further develop the business and monitor competitors’ activity in the Market;
- Project-related coordination with other departments, as well as with Central Functions (Engineering, Proposal Management, Finance and After Sales);
- Develop the business in the assigned territory working closely to the local players and existing group organization.
- Preferable previous experience in Defence and Security Business or several years of professional experience in comparable fields
- Preferable experience with the specifics of military procurement in the sales region or in the field of public procurement in the EU and specific market knowledge
- Technical and commercial understanding
- Creative thinking and technical understanding
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Very good knowledge of English, further language skills desirable (Italian)
- Successfully completed university degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, business administration or similar
- Knowledge of sell and negotiation techniques
- Experience in similar roles (knowledge of finance, credit risk control, international business rules and procedures)
- Coaching aptitude and team work
- Results-oriented with a Strong willingness to improve the presence on the market
- Logical approach to Problem Solving
- Build Customer relationship and Deliver Customer Satisfaction
- Leadership and self-confidence