What you will do
Johnson Controls–Hitachi Air Conditioning was established on October 1st, 2015 as a joint venture between Hitachi Appliances, Inc. (now Hitachi Global Life Solutions, Inc.) and Johnson Controls, Inc. Hitachi Appliances carved out and contributed its air conditioning business to the Joint Venture. Johnson Controls acquired a 60% stake of the carved-out business and Hitachi Global Life Solutions, Inc. continues as a 40% shareholder of this venture. With this joint venture, two rich, 100-year-old cultures and histories have come together to create one exciting new company, serving our combined customers with the most diverse product portfolio in the air conditioning industry.
For our Hitachi Air Conditioning division we are currently looking for a Sales Area Manager based in Rome.
How you will do it
- Sells products and works with Sales Agents to ensure they have a full understanding of new products offerings and promote integrated sales
- Develops long-term customer relationships with assigned accounts such as contractors, consulting engineers or owners
- Maximizes account penetration of assigned accounts by serving the full spectrum of needs of the accounts with the full spectrum of the HVAC Systems offering
- Seeks for Johnson Controls - Hitachi to become the preferred supplier of HVAC equipment of the assigned accounts (“last look” with contractors, “default spec” with consulting engineers, “trusted advisor” with account owners
- Ensures customers’ retention of assigned accounts
- Partners with other Area Sales Managers to maximize profit generation from accounts through influence on specifications (owners, consulting engineers) and market pricing (contractors).
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years in the HVAC industry in sales with demonstrated results in a Sales Area Manager role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to negotiate and influence decision makers
- Proven ability to open new channels
- Work effectively in a sales business plan go to the market.
Location : Rome
We offer an exciting and challenging position with great personal freedom and professional responsibility. Joining us you will become part of a leading global multi-industrial corporation defined by its stimulating work environment and job satisfaction. In addition, we offer outstanding career development opportunities that will stretch your abilities and channel your talents.
If you are interested to learn more about this exciting opportunity then please apply directly to the role through the web page. If your application is selected, our central talent acquisition team will inform you to arrange a telephone interview.
Who we are:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.