Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
That’s why we’re seeking an organised Operations Manager, to join our wider Amazon Logistics team. You will be responsible for the day to day management at one of our locations across Italy.
You will be responsible for leading a team of Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors, Operations Assistants and Delivery Service Providers. Therefore, a major element of your day-to-day responsibilities will be proactively managing external agency relationships, alongside overall site performance.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will oversee operations and delivery, focusing on successful order fulfillment to continuously delight our valued Amazon customers. Moreover, you will work on meeting KPIs such as delivery on time, first time delivery success and enhancing customer service. You will also lead meetings, assign work as well as communicate with internal and external suppliers.
In the day-to-day responsibilities of your role, you’ll support the implementation of new systems and processes. Moreover, as you build your understanding of Amazon’s Logistics and business protocols, you’ll study and analyse workflows. This will enable you to design meaningful, impactful solutions, while mapping business requirements.
While you achieve the above, you’ll continuously utilise software and hardware tools to ensure optimum operational performance. Regarding the teams you work with, you’ll ensure all employees under your management have the proper tools they need to perform their job roles. Finally, you’ll communicate daily metrics, while reporting any exceptions to other Operations departments, and even wider Amazonian teams as and when required.
· Degree qualification,
· You are fluent in Italian and English
· You can manage a fast-paced, motivated team: you already have experience in leading and defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions,
· Practical mindset: you’re able to find practical and simple solutions to complex problems, without sacrificing any quality or core functionality,
· You can drive improvements while demonstrating strong analytical skills: you’ll utilise exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence process change,
· You’re a great communicator: you’re confident when communicating, especially with varying levels of seniority, within a large organisation,
· Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills,
· You’re an agile, forward-thinking innovator: you’re able to thrive with your team, even as you manage occasional ambiguity and/or conflicting priorities and demands,
· Flexibility: you commit the time required to get the job done properly, and you’re willing, and able to carry out flexible schedules and shifts,
· You’re able to objectively step back from situations to look at the bigger picture, while maintaining your meticulous attention-to-detail.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.