Welcome to Blackshark.ai. We believe in creating value by providing powerful insights.
Blackshark.ai is creating a digital twin of planet earth powered by satellite data & artificial intelligence.
We are a team of 50+ data scientists, geospatial engineers, 3D rendering programmers and developers based in San Francisco, Seattle, US, and Graz, Austria, Europe's computer vision hub.
Our revolutionary platform is using Machine Learning to extract information from the surface of our planet by using satellite imagery and other relevant data. A patented reconstruction technology allows streaming and rendering of detected 3D features in unmatched visual quality containing material properties and other semantic features.
We have a culture being focused on individuals and their individual goals in order to create something bigger than ourselves.
Come and join Blackshark.ai and help us create the ultimate vision of a digital Planet Earth.
We are looking for a talented Texture/Materials Artist. You will collaborate with environment artists, and tech artists to create photoreal environmental materials/textures. Aiming for utmost realism while maintaining PBR standards and working within technical guidelines.
In particular you will:
- Produce benchmark materials using Substance Designer and Photoshop.
- Oversee and develop a material library.
- Create high quality textures/materials
- Assist in designing, implementing and maintaining material pipelines
- Create tiling textures that adhere to photorealism and PBR standards.
- Work closely with environment artists to create materials and make changes based on feedback
- Anticipate and identify production challenges to leads and Technical Directors.
- Research new texture tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments.
- Work with technical artist to develop advanced shader and material sets
- 1 to 2 years of industry experience creating tileable materials.
- Expert skills in Substance Designer / Painter / Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of UV mapping and texel density.
- Familiarity with node based game engines
- Expert in understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions
- Ability to follow concept/reference and ability to work with a wide range of styles with minimal concept and direction.
- Must be proactive and work well in a team environment. Excellent communication/collaboration skills.
- Willingness to improve and learn new skills
- Takes feedback and direction well.
- Experience with texture creation in Zbrush.
- Solid modeling skills in 3DS Max or Maya
Why join us?
- Cutting-edge projects with global Tier 1 reference customers in a wide range of industries.
- A straightforward mindset: focus on the goal, get things done, and keep cool.
- Friendly atmosphere, with amazing and passionate colleagues from all backgrounds and nationalities.
- Flat hierarchy, fast decisions, and agile work environment where your ideas and concepts are welcome.
- The opportunity to learn and develop in a team eager to drive innovation.
- A culture that values teamwork, expertise sharing and humility, and where all collaborate towards the same goal.
- Work-life balance and the flexibility to accommodate personal situations.
- HQ situated in Graz, Austria, a hidden gem with an extraordinary high quality of life, between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps.
- A competitive salary based on experience and qualiﬁcations.*
*The remuneration for the position advertised above is fixed by Austrian collective agreement. The effective salary depends on qualification and experience and may be significantly higher.
Apply for this position
Apply for this position