Qualcomm India Private Limited
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Hardware Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Digital - Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for ASIC development for a variety of products. Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation. Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation. Evaluates all aspects of the process flow from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, and timing and power use. Analyzes equipment to establish operation data, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results. Uses System tools, such as National Instrument (NI) products, LabVIEW, and MathWorks MATLAB, SIMULINK, VISIO and other toolboxes. Uses language such as HDL, C, PERL. Provides technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
Analog - Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for ASIC development for a variety of products. Determines architecture design and circuit specifications based on system level requirements. Is actively involved in all aspects of the design from system definition/simulation to circuit design and simulation. Heavy involvement in overseeing layout and silicon evaluation is also expected. Uses design tools such as Cadence ADE, MathWorks MATLAB and others. Provides technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
The responsibilities of this role include:
· Working independently with little supervision.
· Making decisions that are moderate in impact; Errors may have relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships; Errors may require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
· Using verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. May require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
· Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
· Completing tasks with multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
· Exercising creativity to draft original documents, imagery, or work products within established guidelines.
· Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or incomplete; intermediate data analysis/interpretation skills may be required.
· May be solicited during strategic planning period.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
· Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Uses tools/applications (i.e., Cadence, RTL Compiler, etc.) to execute the architecture and design of multiple blocks according to design protocol provided.
· Participates in developing an implementation strategy that meets system requirements and customer needs, occasionally relying on help from manager.
· Resolves architecture, design, or verification problems by applying sound ASIC engineering practices and provides assistance to more junior engineers.
· Owns the design and verification strategies of ASICs, SoC, and IP cores of a single block or IC Package.
· Reviews tests and regressions from more junior team members and completes own tests to ensure that bugs are fully understood and analyzed.
· Runs power checks on multiple blocks to ensure they meet specifications provided by team lead.
· Interprets the results of complex performance checks and reports them to team lead.
· Furthers the innovation of ASICs, SoC, IP cores, and/or transistor level integrated circuits by staying up to date on technical literature and technological advances.
· Writes, reviews, and edits technical document in accordance with template requirements.
· Communicates directly with key team members on any significant deviations from the Plan of Record for assigned work, re directs resources as necessary and guides the work of more junior team members.
· Participates in and contributes significantly to design or project reviews and project meetings.
· Acts as a tech lead on small- to mid-sized projects.
· Defines processes to facilitate an effective work-flow within the team and continually evaluates processes for possible improvement.
Additional responsibilities might include:
· Coordinates design and implementation of test keys according to technology requirements.
· Uses modeling/simulation/layout tools to debug issues and execute on development of competitive process technology modules.
· Develops and maintains databases for technology data mining and analysis, and helps larger team to draw conclusions on issues.
(All competencies below are required upon entry)
· Analytical Skills - The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
· ASICs Engineering - The ability to define, design, verify, and document ASIC digital and analog product development. This includes being involved in all aspects of the process and using design or System tools as appropriate.
· Building Trusting Relationships - The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
· Communication - The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
· Creating the New and Different - The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
· Decision Making - The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
· Getting Work Done - The ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. This includes adapting to competing demands and shifting priorities. This also includes improving adaptability, pursuing new skills and knowledge, and regularly seeking feedback from others.
· Mentoring and Coaching - The ability to develop, coach, and mentor associates. This includes the ability to provide development experiences and network opportunities, advise, and teach to prepare associates for effective job performance.
· Project Management - The ability to use organizational skills for purposes of planning and decision-making. This includes developing and communicating objectives, timelines, assignments, and goals. This also includes the ability to scope projects, orchestrate multiple activities at once, and use resources efficiently across functional areas within the enterprise.
· Results Documentation - The ability to document test results across an entire platform, domain, or department. This includes understanding department-wide test cases to make sure systems are working properly, providing support to a larger team to debug complex errors, and reporting high-level results to senior leaders and stakeholders.
· Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field.
· 4+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
· 6+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
· 2+ years experience with architecture and design tools.
· 2+ years experience with scripting tools and programming languages.
· 2+ years experience with design verification methods.
· 1+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
Applicants: If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.