Reports to: Production Manager
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
As a Product Assembler, your duties will involve the manufacturing of leading-edge satellite product assemblies for military, government, and high-end commercial applications.
- Build PCBAs, mechanical and electrical subassemblies of satellite terminals as per instructions
- Work with production documentation, such as Bill of Materials (BOM’s) and CAD drawings
- Participate in delivering quality products on-time to customers;
- Maximize and maintain quality as per the latest production standard;
- Maintain BOM accuracy;
- Maintain workstation equipment and environment;
- Perform product verification testing of assemblies an asset;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in soldering/reworking surface mount components;
- Knowledge of production documentation and mechanical and electrical assemblies;
- Knowledge of electrical components and ESD control;
- Knowledge of detailed assembly and integration procedures;
- Appreciation of production systems and inventory transactions;
- Technical training in electronics or mechanics and computer applications would be an asset.
- Good mechanical and electrical aptitude/abilities for high precision work.
- Positive working attitude
- Excellent soldering skills
- Strong team player
- Willing to learn and train others
- Safe working practices
- Good organization, communication, and time management skills
- Able to work without close supervision
- Be flexible hours - willing to work weekends and/or evenings as required
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility; thus, all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
No recruiters please.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.