Manager, Retail & Asset Management, Portugal
Job ID #: 10177 Location: PT_Oeiras_Lisbon Position Type: Regular Full-Time Education Required: Bachelors Degree Experience Required: Not Indicated Relocation Provided: No Relocation Offered Job Category: Asset Management / Asset Productivity Brand: CHEP
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com
Brambles and CHEP provide you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career. You’ll be joining an international growth organization with a pioneering, circular business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll become part of an efficient and collaborative global team making a real contribution to a smarter, more sustainable future. For more on how Brambles growth companies can accelerate your career, visit https://careers.brambles.com/
As Manager, Retail & Asset Management you will be responsible for receiving Country performance KPI reports, engaging with the direct reports to follow up on progress and understand main blocker/offenders; helping and coaching own direct reports to accomplish issue resolution.
- Responsible for giving support to account management of TOP Retailers and building strong relationships in the Retail market
- Responsible for reporting to the CGM the area’s KPI performance and action plans for continuous improvement and for building the Operational Plan
- Responsible for managing and delivering the Asset Management designated KPI’s (FTR; Stock levels; leakage rate). Ensuring 100% of active Retail accounts are either covered by a field visit, a call or both as a means of having a regular CHEP contact.
- Responsible for running the collection engine and coordinating with the Logistics Execution Manager and Carrier Manager the completion of all collections raised, working with his team to reduce the failed collection rates and ensuring Retailers with an SOT are regularly contacted to increase planning accuracy levels to a maximum of their efficiency.
Major / Key Accountabilities
- Work to deliver a safe working environment for himself and support the team to meet the CHEP & Brambles Zero Harm Targets.
- Have knowledge of the Brambles Code of Conduct
- Plan and execute own field visits and control those of his direct reports; ensure that all fulfilment & compliance levels are achieved focusing on Retail account performance (FTR & Stock levels), data cleansing & alignment, escalations sent by Call Centre feedback, volumetric alert visit activities assigned and audit visits.
- Complete visit activity report in Siebel, for all visits, on a daily basis and check visit reports of direct reports. Run Radom checks to ensure visit report accuracy.
- Use the appropriate reports and information to prepare field visits beforehand. Use data and information during the visit and ensure direct reports do the same through coaching and on-the-job training.
- Plan regular field accompaniment visits and record these in Siebel with the corresponding report.
- Ensure account master data cleanliness of Retail accounts; and group organization (RP’s)
- Use the available daily, weekly and monthly reports for data control and collection performance review.
- Sit with Plant / Transport Planners to review on a monthly or fortnightly basis if necessary, the failed collection incidents and work to improve collection performance. Ensure minutes of each of these meetings are issued (which should include the learnings Field Executives have picked up from Drivers)
- Understand Logistic SLA’s (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and work to improve these.
- Support understanding of Alternative Collection Engine and work with Logistics as appropriate.
- Support and meet with 3rd party Service Agents operating in the Country when required
- Support the day-to-day recovery of stray pallets; identify stray locations; non CHEP manufacturer customers using CHEP pallets and other black pool activity in general, reporting this into the Asset Protection team.
- Identify and request for correction of transactions and Account Master data updates.
- Ensure the team collects tDD declarations in all onward Retailers and coordinate work with the Back Office team to automate the process of declaration
- Be prepared and coach the Field Executives to resolve issues at non cooperative locations in the attempt to recover relationships and initiate pallet recovery at low performing and/or non cooperative Retail locations.
- Lead and support the meetings and negotiations with the Top 10 Retailers to agree KPI improvement plans which can also include incentives
- Build strong relationships with top hierarchy leaders at the Top 10 Retailers
- Minimise NCD impact and therefore impact on CHEP manufacturer customers.
- Support development and roll out of standard consistent processes to enable operational excellence & support creation of SOP’s & Work Instructions.
- Prepare monthly report on performance and TOP offender action plans and progress to review with the CGM in the regular monthly reviews.
A level / Degree standard education (E)
English (standard read and write)Experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 2 years relevant supply chain experience in the Retail area, Logistic Operators, Manufacturing company
- Experience as team leader or manager
- FMCG, knowledge of Retail and Distribution networks and Supply Chains
- Sales / Account Management / customer facing experience.
- Priority setting; workload deadlines are consistently achieved through good time management.
- Ability to organise and plan – highly organised and take over responsibility for delegated tasks.
- Ability to lead and coach; also access team personal and professional issues such as lack of training and skills
- High standard of work quality with focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent relationship builder with the ability to influence diverse groups
- Reliable, flexible, credible and resilient.
- Creative in providing potential solutions.
- Verbal and numerical reasoning skills in addition to influencing and negotiation skills
Languages: Essential to have fluency in Portuguese and English
We're excited you're here to learn how we'll leverage our family of growth companies to accelerate your career. Brambles companies employ more than 14,500 people in over 60 countries, committed to connecting people to life's essentials, every day. Our people are shaping a smarter, more sustainable future by changing the way business makes, moves and sells goods in every corner of the world. We look forward to helping you become one of them. HTTPS://careers.brambles.com/