The College of Business invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Finance at the rank of assistant/associate professor.
The AACSB Accredited College of Business at JSU values the pillars of teaching, research, and service. The College of Business has assembled faculty members with active research agendas and proven excellence in the classroom. The College’s faculty is dedicated to working closely with recently-hired faculty. The students in the College of Business are eager to learn, and the faculty members serve as role models to the students. Faculty members at the College of Business are expected to show engagement in the life of the College and make an impact on the lives of students, many of whom are first-generation students.
If you are looking forwarding to working in a collegial environment where your contributions and involvement matters from the first day of your employment, and where you will be afforded opportunities for classroom excellence and scholarship commitment as well as many possibilities for engaging in academic service, you will enjoy working at the College of Business. Further, you will enjoy the quality of life that Jackson, Mississippi, and its surrounding areas offer.
• The preferred candidate must have an earned Ph.D. or DBA from an AACSBaccredited institution in Finance or in other closely-related business fields with documented scholarship in Finance.
• Applications will be considered from scholarly-active individuals who are qualified as Scholarly Academics (SA) based on the College’s faculty qualifications standards.Minimum Required Experience
• Qualifications and interest in teaching in graduate programs (MBA/MPA/Ph.D.) and serving as a member of Ph.D. dissertation committees is necessary. Also, ABDs who are at the final stages of their doctoral dissertation will likewise be considered.
• Interest and qualifications in teaching in more than one area within the business curriculum is valued.
• Candidates with demonstrated academic and scholarship qualifications to teach in multiple business disciplines, in addition to finance, are encouraged to apply.Minimum Required Licenses and/or Certifications
NoneSkills and Abilities
• Maintain the ability and desire to work in a student-centered environment.
• Exhibit dynamic communication skills.Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Teaching in the finance discipline both in undergraduate and graduate programs (course assignments may be during the day or evenings and may include off-campus locations and online education).
• Teaching a full course load.
• Demonstrate a continuous commitment to teaching excellence.
• Provide academic advising.
• Engage in continuous, appropriate research that produces high quality scholarly journal publications to maintain Scholarly Academic qualifications.
• Serve on Ph.D. dissertation committees.
• Contribute to curriculum development.
• Actively support the Department and College and participate in university and community service through participation on College and University committees.
• Provide support to the professional academic community.
• Assume other instructional and service-related duties as assigned.
Jackson State University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Background Check Statement
Jackson State University is committed to providing a safe campus. JSU conducts background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include reference checks, criminal history/record check and when appropriate a credit report or driving history report.Open Date 06/28/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled (overrides close field) Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. Only online applications will be accepted. Required application material include: (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) and name and full contact details of three references. Supporting documents may include three (3) letters of recommendations, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and sample scholarly work. Official transcripts will be requested from short-listed candidates.
Please contact Ms. Mabie Easley (email@example.com) for general questions. Ms. Easley will direct you to the appropriate search committee chair, should you have more specific questions.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).