Posting Number F00253P Position Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Management Department College of Business FLSA Salary Not listed. Grant Funded No Location Main Campus Faculty, Staff, Admin or Student Faculty Number of Vacancies 1 Desired start date 08/10/2020 Position Summary
The Department of Business Administration in the College of Business at Jackson State University is accepting applications for its Assistant/Associate Professor of Management position.
Minimum Required Education
An earned a Ph.D. or DBA in management from an AACSB accredited institution is required.
Minimum Required Experience
- Candidates must meet College’s SA standards upon commencement of employment. ABD candidates will be considered under the conditions explained earlier.
Minimum Required Licenses and/or Certifications
- The preferred areas of teaching are Business Policy/Strategy and Human Resource Management, although all teaching areas will be considered.
- Interest and academic qualifications to teach entrepreneurship, marketing, supply chain and/or logistics management is valued and will be considered in the selection process.
- Maintaining scholarly academic status through sustained scholarship is necessary.
Skills and Abilities
See minimum required experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching in the incumbent’s own discipline both in the undergraduate and graduate programs (course assignments may be during the day or evening and may include off-campus locations and online education).
- Engage in appropriate research and publications to maintain Scholarly Academic qualifications.
- Serve on Ph.D. dissertation committees.
- Provide academic advising.
- Contribute to the curriculum.
- Serve on College and University committees.
- Assumes other instructional duties and service-related duties as assigned.
Jackson State University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Background Check Statement
Jackson State University is committed to providing a safe campus. JSU conducts background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include reference checks, criminal history/record check and when appropriate a credit report or driving history report.
Open Date 02/10/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled (overrides close field) Yes Special Instructions to Applicants