Posting Number F00272P Position Title Assistant Clinical Professor/Online MSW Field Education Coordinator Department School of Social Work FLSA Salary Not listed. Grant Funded No Location Main Campus Faculty, Staff, Admin or Student Faculty Number of Vacancies 1 Desired start date 12/01/2020 Position Summary
The School of Social Work (MSW Program) at Jackson State University is accepting applications for its Assistant Clinical Professor/Online MSW Field Education Coordinator position. This position Is expected to make a strong contribution to the overall instructional environment, particularly online field education.
Minimum Required Education
CSWE-Accredited MSW degree ONLY
Minimum Required Experience
A minimum of five (5) years post-MSW Practice Experience.
A minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience (full-time or part-time) in a CSWE accredited BSW or MSW Program.
Minimum Required Licenses and/or Certifications
Any level SW license preferred
- Extensive experience as a field instructor and/or field liaison in a CSWE accredited BSW or MSW Program.
- Evidence of scholarly publication preferred.
- Extensive experience and fluency in online teaching LMS (Camas, Blackboard, etc.)
- Extensive experience and fluency with a variety of operating systems and video conferencing tools (Google Meet/Hangouts,
Zoom, Web-Ex, Skype, Microsoft Teams, Excel, Word, Google Drive, etc.)
- Familiarity with synchronous and asynchronous modes of online course delivery.
- Experience in the development of online courses.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated training and experience in social work practice.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the contact person for all School of Social Work Distance Learning Activities (BSW and MSW).
- Academic: Online teaching of field and practice courses (one course per semester) under the direction of Associate Dean.
- Program Director and Director of Field Instruction. The candidate shall assist with academic assessment in order to continuously improve the program as a whole, especially the online program.
- Field Education: Providing (a) support to students, field liaisons, field instructors, and agencies, and (b) online teaching of the field seminar course.
- Candidate will be primarily responsible for placing online MSW program field students (foundation and concentration).
- Maintain an accurate record system of placements and securely track student performance.
- Participation in department meetings, college and university committees, and state and/or national organizations.
- Supervise field staff and graduate assistants is required.
- Participation in the CSWE reaffirmation process.
- Participation in curriculum development.
- Instruction and facilitation in areas of knowledge and expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Jackson State University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Background Check Statement
Jackson State University is committed to providing a safe campus. JSU conducts background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include reference checks, criminal history/record check and when appropriate a credit report or driving history report.
Open Date 11/16/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled (overrides close field) Yes Special Instructions to Applicants