About SW Accountants & ADvisors
SW Accountants & Advisors is a progressive advisory and
accounting firm with an 85-year history in Australia. For our
people, SW represents a chance to take the lead and create
opportunities for our clients and our people.
In Australia, we operate in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and
Perth, with over 300 people and 39 Partners nationally. We provide
a full range of audit, business advisory, corporate finance, tax,
private clients and wealth management solutions. Taking the lead,
SW joined the rapidly growing SW International Network, one of the
world’s leading organisations of independently owned and
managed advisory and accounting firms. With access to a global
network and a team of over 10,000 professionals, 450+ Partners, in
57+ offices, across 14 countries and regions, we work together to
open doors to opportunity in Australia, Asia and across the
Our vision and values are clear - we provide excellent client
service and encourage a culture of staff learning and development.
These values are visible in the conduct of all our staff who
demonstrate professionalism and integrity every day.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for the management,
development and administration of a portfolio of SW clients under
the direction of the Partner. This involves maintaining an
appropriate level of service to clients and producing a high
standard of work. The Assistant Manager must be technically
proficient and up to date with the latest developments in taxation
law and accounting standards. The Assistant Manager will be
responsible overseeing the preparation of financial reports, income
tax returns, BAS, Fringe Benefits Tax returns and management
reports by junior staff and the offshore outsourced team. The
Assistant Manager may at times report directly to a Partner on
special assignments and will assist the Partner in leading a team
- The development, management and administration of a
portfolio of SW clients. This will involve:
- All administrative functions such as developing
budgets, managing WIPs, billing clients.
- Meeting deadlines and providing a quality and
timely service to all clients.
- Liaising with the client directly to obtain information
required to complete work in progress.
- Reviewing financial accounts, tax returns, business
activity statements, instalment activity statements and other
work performed by junior staff members.
- Reviewing, providing feedback and offering technical
support to junior staff members.
- Undertaking complex and/or specialised assignments, which
require the ability to research and investigate issues and
prepare detailed reports highlighting implications, options,
- Identifying and developing existing and potential business
opportunities for discussion with their Manager, Associate
Director and Partner as appropriate.
Required skill set and attributes:
The Assistant Manager will be able to demonstrate the following
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a Business
Services environment in a Chartered/CPA accounting
- Be degree qualified and fully qualified as a CA / CPA.
- Technically proficient and demonstrate a keen interest and
desire to keep updated with the latest taxation law and
accounting standards developments.
- Exposure to the fundamentals of accounts payable, accounts
receivable and payroll processing.
- Exposure to working with an outsourced team.
- Strong networking skills and prior experience developing
good working relationships with clients.
- Excellent time management skills and meet deadlines for a
large group of clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to mentor, coach, motivate and
manage junior members of staff.
- Diplomacy skills when dealing with clients and sensitive
- Present professionally and possess excellent interpersonal
and communication skills which will be consistently used in
dealings with clients, partners and staff members.
- Have prior experience working with Xero, MYOB or Reckon and
be competent in Microsoft Excel.
Why join our team?
- We believe in building meaningful relationships with our
new team members from the moment we first connect
- Upon commencing, you will have a buddy to show you the
- Join a firm that is growing and open to change and
disruption in today’s economy
- Our clients operate across the globe and our people reflect
- Gain experience working with some of the most exciting high
growth businesses which have operations locally and overseas
across a number of sectors including financial services, hotels
and hospitality, Fintech, Proptech and property construction
and development and family offices.
- This is real life, so there will be times when you need to
work extra hours to deliver for our clients. But we give you
those hours back in quieter periods through a benefit we call
- Maintain a balanced lifestyle, with two extra paid days off
a year, volunteer leave, sporting, community, and social
- Our values are at the very heart of our firm and guide the
way we interact within our firm and the manner in which we
interact and engage with you
- Building a career at SW will see you join a hardworking and
friendly team that values creating opportunities for our people
and our clients. Create your own individual story and become a
part of ours.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you,apply now!