Posting Number F00277P Position Title Assistant Professor Department Psychology FLSA Salary Not listed. Grant Funded No Location Main Campus Faculty, Staff, Admin or Student Faculty Number of Vacancies 1 Desired start date 08/01/2021 Position Summary
The Department of Psychology at Jackson State University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position to begin August 2021. The mission of the department is to provide instruction in the rigorous and systemic study of the science of behavior and mental processes. The central focus of our clinical psychology program (one of only 2 historically black universities in the nation with an APA-accredited Ph.D. program) is the infusion of multiculturalism into clinical psychology training.
Minimum Required Education
Applicants must have earned a doctoral degree in Experimental Psychology or a related content area in the field of psychology.
Minimum Required Experience
Minimum Required Licenses and/or Certifications
- Must have a strong background in conducting psychological research.
- Must be able to sustain a research agenda including grantsmanship.
- Must have teaching experiences in a university system and be capable of teaching the following graduate courses: Biological Psychology, Advanced Statistics I, Research Methods, and Multivariate Statistics; undergraduate courses: Experimental Psychology, Statistics I and II, Learning Theories and General Psychology.
- Must sustain a productive research agenda that integrates science with practice.
Skills and Abilities
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The teaching load is a 3.3 (graduate courses) or a 4.4 (undergraduate courses).
- In addition to teaching, faculty members are required to serve on dissertation and second year paper committees, to mentor both undergraduate and graduate students in their research laboratories, and to provide academic advisement.
- Faculty are required to pursue research funding through grant development.
- A willingness to develop and teach on-line courses is strongly desired.
- The position requires a clear commitment to excellence in teaching and advisement, departmental, college, and university service and a productive research agenda that will enable the candidate to meet the criteria for promotion and tenure at the appropriate time in the Department of Psychology.
- Courses taught by the Experimental Psychologist, Social Psychologist or the Clinical Psychologist may be the same in some content areas; however, the clinical psychologist may also have clinical supervision duties and a choice of teaching clinical psychology core courses.
Jackson State University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Background Check Statement
Jackson State University is committed to providing a safe campus. JSU conducts background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include reference checks, criminal history/record check and when appropriate a credit report or driving history report.
Open Date 12/11/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled (overrides close field) Yes Special Instructions to Applicants