Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in 46 countries to navigate their digital transformation. With over three decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
Visit [...] to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY) can help your enterprise navigate your next.
Short Description: Desktop Support
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide Incident , Change support for Windows servers catering to customers in a 24x7 service organization.
• Use monitoring tools (such as SCOM, Nagios) to oversee multiple Wintel systems operating within a defined support operations area
• Utilize available reports or create custom reports to perform capacity analysis and troubleshoot issues proactively
• Maintain and troubleshoot issues related to Clusters
• Ensure SLA’s related to Availability are met by actively resolving incidents and working on ways to improve metrics
• Maintain and resolve issues related to OS Backup / Restoration
Analyse, log, track, and resolve complex issues pertaining to networking connectivity issues, Windows servers, and applications
• Actively work on Problem records to investigate root causes and ensure permanent fixes are in place
• Follow ITIL best practices and customer framework to ensure process compliance. Utilize standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities.
• Evaluate DR , BCP requirements and ensure to revise policies liaising with Architects , Business to reduce downtime
• Coordinate with vendors on software / hardware issues as per contract and bring issues to closure
• Patch systems to customer agreed levels following the ITIL change guidelines
• Troubleshoot issues related to Directory, Group Policies, Patch management, Log management, SCOM, VMWare
• Meet the delivery standards as per the agreement that includes quality of deliverables, documentation
• Status communication and timely reporting
· Minimum Five Years of experience in Windows/VmWare Infrastructure.
· Ability to develop automation scripts ( Chef, Shell etc., )
· Understanding of Network OSI Model, TCP/IP and Routing.
· Communication and interpersonal skills.
· Client focused, Great team spirit, autonomous and rigorous
· Effective time management
· Should possess industry standard certifications for Windows domain.
· Should be well versed with ITIL concepts and more specific understanding of Service operations activities.
· Ability to work effectively as a team leader.
· Working across cultures.
• Exposure to / Worked with Dell/EMC Vblock, VxRail & Other OEM hardware stack
• SCOM , SCCM experience
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills, written & verbal
• Experience managing technical team/s and service relationships
Excellent customer interfacing skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong attention to detail and outstanding analytical and Problem-solving skills.
All aspects of employment at Infosys are based on merit, competence and performance. We are committed to embracing diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Infosys is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
At Infosys, we recognize that everyone has individual requirements. If you are a person with disability, illness or injury and require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, please contact our Recruitment team for adjustment only on Infosys_ta@infosys.com or include your preferred method of communication in email and someone will be in touch.
Please note in order to protect the interest of all parties involved in the recruitment process, Infosys does not accept any unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. In the absence of a signed agreement any submission will be deemed as non-binding and Infosys explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire the submitted profile. All recruitment activity must be coordinated through the Talent Acquisition department.