Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future.
Singtel are at the leading edge of technology development to improve the experience of our customers as they consume services across mobile, voice and data infrastructure, managed services, cloud computing, IT services and professional consulting. To support that journey we are searching for top talent and have an exciting opportunity for a Associate Director WSH to strengthen our team.
As our Associate Director for WSHD, will be responsible for institutionalizing a culture which embraces the values and practices of work place safety and health throughout organization wide. This would include developing and ensuring that the organization work place safety and health policies and procedures are aligned with the regulatory framework and the organization's requirement.
Candidate Key Responsibilities
- Should be a leading a Managers & Sr Manager, which will have the full accountability of WSH for the SingTel Group. As a people manager, the incumbent will supervise, coach and develop his/her team to ensure that they are continually motivated and challenged to help to create a strong WSH environment for the organization.
- Will be working closely with C Level Executives
- The incumbent will also work closely with appropriate government agencies and external stakeholders with regards to WSH requirements and keep the organization closely updated of upcoming trends and policy changes, recommend appropriate action as needed to meet regulatory changes and needs.
- Ensure that SingTel Group is in compliance with WSH regulatory and company requirements.
- Ensure that all incidents/ accidents are reported and instituted with preventive programs in a timely manner.
- Consultant to the BU and conduct periodic risk assessment review of work practices and processes and recommends update where appropriate.
- Conduct periodic check on SingTel infrastructures including buildings and work places to ensure any deteriorated infrastructures were identified and rectified.
- Strategize, plan and improve awareness of WSH education and commitment through safety exhibition, talks and programs.
- Implement rigorous training and safety programs to ensure that there is no work related death or permanent incapacity accident for both SingTel and its contractors while carrying works for or on behalf of SingTel.
- Provide systems and processes that facilitate feedback among employees on WSH related matters as a preventive measure.
- Take leadership and provide counsel/ advice to the WSH committee on related matters and development trends that will have any direct/ indirect impact on the WSH processes.
- Ensure organization-wide WSH training is being implemented and curriculum is updated to meet regulatory requirements.
- Work with stakeholders concerned to identify and manage the WSH budget effectively.
Ideal candidate must have
- Degree in Safety Science, Environmental Engineering/ Management from recognized university.
- 9 plus years working experience in similar industry with experience in overseeing EHS compliance audit/due diligence audit.
- Experienced in Leading a Managers and working closely with C Level Executives.
- Should be good in Strategic planning and execution
- Licensed/ Registered MOM WSH Officer and qualified Fire Safety Manager
- Well versed with local planning regulations and land laws.
- Good understanding of property market trends and industry practices.
- Good knowledge of construction process and cost.
- Collaborative and energetic management style.
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong Management skills and EHS knowledge. Preferably (ISO14001, OSHAS18001, CSR, Crisis Management, Fire Safety, Product safety and regulatory and trade compliance, industry hygiene.
If this description is exciting and you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a difference, then please follow the link to apply. For more information on this and other opportunities please refer to our careers portal under https://groupcareers.singtel.com.
Let’s shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change.
Note to Recruitment Agencies
In sourcing for candidates for particular roles, the Singtel Group works only with a panel of selected recruitment agencies expressly engaged under written agreements. Even then, these agencies are only activated from time to time for specific recruitment exercises for particular roles under instructions expressly issued by a member of the Singtel Talent Acquisition team.
Except under such circumstances, no agency shall source or attempt to source any candidates for the Singtel Group. The Singtel Group will not pay nor be obliged or liable to pay any recruitment fees of any kind whatsoever to any agency where candidate CVs are submitted to the Singtel Group by such agency on an unsolicited or speculative basis.
The Singtel Group reserves all rights to directly contact any candidate to which such CVs relate without any obligation or liability whatsoever to the agency concerned (including without limitation any obligation or liability to pay any recruitment fees of any kind).