About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Support setting and implementation of the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for i3 Asia, consistent with the vision and strategy for FCC and in support of the Group’s strategic direction and growth aspirations.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices and trends.
- Provide subject matter expertise on financial crime intelligence, drawing on law enforcement and other professional networks, professional qualifications and experience
- Continuous monitoring of the internal and external environment through various sources, including the media, to identify financial crime risks which may potentially impact the Bank. Map and assess those risks, quantify the potential impact and escalate where necessary
- Undertake complex research derived from multiple sources, both internal and external to SCB (to include business, operations, compliance, open source web searches, domestic and international regulatory bodies) to produce strategic and tactical intelligence products
- Execute key deliverables designated by Group i3 and the HRCET unit
- Work with key stakeholders to generate proactive projects in which large internal datasets (including client static data and transactions) are analysed to identify financial crime risk through patterns, trends and typologies
- Support specialized intelligence assessments and analysis of clients, countries and products through examination of transactions, Production Orders, subpoenas, warrants, and other internal datasets
- Draft STRs as required
- Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements, and such relevant Regional/Group documents
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to financial crime
- Sustain and develop i3 Asia’s outreach capabilities, including establishing and maintaining contacts with law enforcement agencies, regulators, not-for-profit organizations, industry bodies and other financial institutions, in accordance with Group and Regional financial crime priorities, in order to assist the Bank to proactively mitigate financial crime risk, and to demonstrate the Bank is at the forefront in the fight against financial crime.
- Participate and play a leading role in external industry forums, working groups and public-private-partnership events as a representative of the Bank in the financial crime space, and drive development thereof, as appropriate.
- Participate in external discussion panels, present at conferences, prepare written articles for professional publications and otherwise raise the profile of the Bank at professional forums.
- Attend / support Fraud and Money Laundering Task Force (FMLIT) Operations Group and Strategic Group meetings. Action cases from the Operations Group meetings.
- Organise and host Financial Crime Intelligence Roundtables / virtual sessions periodically
People and Talent
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes, as appropriate
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management actions to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- As necessary, work in partnership with business segments to ensure that financial crime risks identified from external sources and internal deep-dive client reviews are appropriately addressed and mitigated.
- As required, assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Identify intelligence with a view to research, identification of red flags and typologies, and risk mitigation.
- Identify current and emerging financial crime risk indicators through various internal/external sources.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of AML risk identification and assessment methodologies.
- Ensure all intelligence investigations are properly concluded. Share best practices to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide intelligence investigative expertise to support management of significant regulatory/legal cases.
- Manage end-to-end financial crime client reviews initiated by external sources (regulators, law enforcement agencies, authorities or other external organisations), and internal surveillance.
- Conduct a root cause analysis on the control/other failures, as required, to ensure lessons are learned across the bank.
- Provide intelligence (to internal forums) on specific clients, client-types and emerging risk typologies.
- Support senior oversight of i3 Asia.
- Support the Head, i3, Asia, in management oversight of the FCC region/country function.
- Inform the Head, i3, Asia, of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Produce high quality written reports of findings, suitable for internal and external stakeholders, including regulators where applicable. Prepare and cascade lessons learned from investigations.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the i3 Asia team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Regional and Group i3 management and team members
- Regional FCC stakeholders, including Sanctions, Correspondent Banking, TB and Advisory teams
- Country business management and RMs
- Country FCC MLROs and country FCC teams
- Group FCC stakeholders
- USLCP officers
- Other stakeholders including Legal, Compliance and Operations
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in i3 Asia.
- Foster and manage law enforcement outreach, and outreach to peer banking institutions on intelligence
Our Ideal Candidate
- ACAMS and ACFE certifications are desirable
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.