KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. In Canberra, we work shoulder to shoulder with leaders in the Australian Public Service to insight nation building change and solve complex problems that will shape Australia’s future. We are looking for talented individuals who would like to join us on the journey.
With continued growth, we are now looking for experienced Associate Director to join our CFO Advisory practice in Canberra . This is an exciting opportunity for ambitious and self-motivated finance professionals who are experienced in working across varied government projects. This role could see you lead work in:
- Financial and regulatory reporting
- Budget development and estimate preparation
- Technical accounting advice on new policies, business cases and infrastructure projects
- Interpreting international accounting standards for the public sector
- Automation of financial processes
- Advising CFOs on financial frameworks and governance
- Financial data analytics
- Functional and efficiency reviews
- Integrated business reporting
- Writing board papers, reports, proposals and tenders
Joining our Canberra team in this role, you will:
- Contribute to the development and review of our client strategy, including identifying opportunities for future service delivery and participating in business development initiatives to support continued growth of CFO Advisory.
- Lead the delivery of complex projects including project management, key client deliverables, drafting client reports and presentations, liaising with senior leadership and external advisors
- Simplify highly complex business situations and strategies to identify key issues and priorities and effectively and efficiently manage multidisciplinary teams to deliver innovative solutions for clients
- Build and maintaining key client relationships, identifying opportunities for continued growth, developing propositions and leading business development initiatives
We believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
How are you Extraordinary?
- You have a passion for delivering innovative client solutions using your excellent communication and problem solving skills and experience in project management
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and CA or CPA (or equivalent)
- Extensive experience in a consulting or industry environment, ideally working alongside government clients
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills as well as a commercial mindset
- Strong leadership, coaching and people development skills
- Experience in client management, ideally including business development
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Australian security clearance, or ability to obtain one – please note, Australian citizenship is required to obtain this clearance
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!