At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Associate Director, Regional Clinical Operations (RCO) Vendor Operations & Engagement
R&D, Global Development Operations, RCO
Functional Area Description
The Regional Vendor Operations & Engagement function provides vendor/CRO operational oversight and site engagement in support of the BMS R&D Pipeline within the RCO Country / Country Clusters.
- The Regional Vendor Operations & Engagement Lead will support and ensure there is a global framework for local vendor/CRO operational oversight and site engagement in the Americas, Europe or Asia Pacific Regions of RCO. The role will provide line management support for the designated team as well as regional support to BMS’ local/regional vendor oversight and site engagement.
- Functional line management for Vendor Operations Managers and Site Relationship Managers.
- Collaborates with RCO leaders and Country Heads, Global Clinical Trial Strategy & Operations, Alliance Management, Quality, External Vendors, as well as Key Investigational Sites to ensure effective local/regional trial execution of outsourced studies.
- Oversees regional/local vendor oversight and issue escalation/resolution with relevant key internal/external stakeholders involved in clinical trials.
- Oversees the development, management and maintenance of BMS’ interface and long-term relationships with clinical trial sites for outsourced studies and a harmonised approach to site management with insourced studies in partnership with RCO management.
- Ensures that the image and reputation of BMS with clinical trial sites in region, is optimal, to support BMS as the sponsor of choice.
- Oversees efficient and effective vendor oversight and site satisfaction/engagement by ensuring documentation of metric/KPI/CAPA review to support the identification of trends at local/regional level.
- Attending and participating in meetings, including Regional Alliance/Quality Management meetings as necessary.
- Support regional collaborative continuous improvement initiatives with vendors, local internal clinical teams and regional colleagues to streamline and improve operational processes and to ensure long term relationships and engagement with clinical trial sites
- Support communication and training to ensure adherence to the operating model and efficient execution.
- Optimise resource and talent management across region. Build expertise and ensure RCO has the appropriate staff to provide vendor oversight and site engagement based on the Book of Work for outsourced studies. Manage the hiring and performance management for assigned team.
Bachelors or Masters degree required. Field of study within life sciences or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years Pharmaceutical industry experience in Clinical Research including extensive experience leading, managing, coaching and developing direct reports
- In depth knowledge and understanding of clinical research processes, regulations and methodology, including partnerships with CROs and vendors
- Experience with interacting with vendors (e.g., Contract Research Organizations, Central and Biomarker laboratories)
- Experience of working directly with clinical trial sites, KOLs and associated clinical trial staff
- Demonstrated ability to drive project related activities
- Understands clinical landscape with practical knowledge of a variety of medical settings
Key Competency Requirements
- Ability to lead a high performing team at a regional level
- Project management, stakeholder management, conflict management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and lead complex regional and/or global initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) to a diverse audience at multiple levels within an organization
- Demonstrated ability of managing and working with cross-functional, multi-cultural, global, cross-country teams in a complex, changing environment
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and problem solving skill
Travel Required (nature and frequency).
< 20% travel within region
International travel where required
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.